Winter Heat.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gcarlin, Sep 20, 2006.

1. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    With Winter Right Around The Corner, I Was Curious To See What We All Will Be Heating With.

We Heat This Old House With Fuel Oil,which I Hate. But Hopefully Next Spring We'll Be Putting In A Gas Furnace. I Would Really Love Wood Stove But Our Insurance Says No.lol

2. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    We have an electric Heat Pump and really like it. Better on the fuel bill and it's clean. I love gas as well, but it does seem to create moisture somewhat.

ps..we're on all electric in this house.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Heat pump for the house and a old pot belly stove in my hobby shed

4. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Corn or wood pellet stove, helps out on the heat bill. I think last year my furnas ran about 45 hours all winter.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    We have the electric heat pump, with some cozy gas logs in the fireplace that really help out on the really cold nights. Used to have a wood burner insert, but got to where I couldn't gather the wood anymore, so I switched to gas logs and love them!

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We heat mostly with a gas furnace. A gas furnace produces very dry heat for the moisture from combustion goes out the vent pipe.
    Have an enclosed wood burning fireplace but don't use it that much.

Also have a farm that has a gas furnace and the gas is free from a gas well on the neighbors property. The only problem, we only live there part time.

My father in-law was a full blood arkie and he was thinking ahead when he leased his land to the oil company. He made them agree if gas was ever discover in that section that he could use all the free gas he wanted for his home. All he had to do was run a line from the wellhead to the house. I helped him with the line, install the regulators, and odorizer about 25 years ago. Most of his neighbors never got free gas... even the one that the well is on his property for it wasn't in their contract.

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Free gas, now that is great right there. Very smart man thinking ahead Dayton.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The house and pole barn are gas. The price has really gone up. I am looking at a corn burner. I need to figure out how to hook them up to a furnace tho.
    Bill

9. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    We live in a 18th century home and very poorly insulated (plank & board), so we use electric space heaters! Yikes!! Brrrrr! :angry:

10. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    electrica heat. when I was a kid all we used was a old pot belly stove but it always kept the house warm..sometimes I miss those days