winter fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by bradley_G, Dec 26, 2008.

1. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    looks like the next week is gonna be on the warmer side, with only two of the next ten days predicting rain. anyone have any trips planned to chase after some fish?

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    No, I'm on vacation. :big_smile:

3. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    you didnt seem to go far.... or are you posting from your iphone? besides, I dont know about you but I try to always GO fishing on vacation, not take a vacation from it. Your work is my play....(jealous)

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Work....Play???:confused2: Its a passion you can bet if Im breathing Im fishing till the day I die. If I was a guide I would be sued for punching my client in the face to grab his rod when he hooks a 20 pounder LMAO

5. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    anyone planning a trip up to the TN river soon? I dont know where the clinch river is, but there was a sludge spill from a coal mine and put a billion gallons of sludge into that river. havent read if whats being done, but the sludge contains ash with high arsenic levels. read the story here: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/12/29/tennessee.sludge/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

hope it doesnt affect the TN river fishing......

6. Lawyer33

Lawyer33 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    When you say Morgan Falls Dam, you fishing Bull Sluice Lake? Is that a good place to fish?

7. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I would mean either blue sluice or below the dam, from what I hear its not much of a lake, just a wide spot in the river. I have yet to fish there, havent go the time yet to get out there and try it. Hopefully next week sometime.