Winter Fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    One of our local guides here on LOZ is moving or has moved back to Oklahoma(Jeff Williams). Thus my planned winter trip with him is going to be hard to do. I plan on fishing this winter health permitting. Jeff gave me a couple of good spots. I'll fish them later this month and post my results. Larry, Jess, Robert and Dave I'm still alive just kind of limited in what I can do. My shad net thrower is off Deer hunting or I would have already tried. I can't toss that 20 footer right now. ONLY SEVEN TIMES have I even been out this year! Hopefully after January and my heart shock treatment I'll get back to it full time.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Ron, I saw your post on LOZ before I noticed this one. Hope to see you back out there full time soon. If you ever need a BaitCatcher just let me know. Best of luck to you this winter fishing.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    That sucks that Jeff is moving back to OK. I fished with him this past spring he really knew how to catch them. He also was not afraid to share all the information he had about them blues either. Learned a lot by fishing with him.

4. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I actually met Mr. Williams briefly while at Truman last week. We went with guide Steve Brown and had a grand time. I'm definitely going back down there from Iowa.

5. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It is good to know that you are doing better. If I knew how to cast net then I would offer me. All I knew how to catch is bluegill for bait. But I am more then willing to go down there and do what I can to help.

Dave

6. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Well I'm hoping to make my first fall foray tomorrow. I plan to go after some of those gorging bluecats. I'll let ya'll know my results thanks everyone and spoonfish if you every have the time and want to go sometime just shoot me an email with the title of CATFISH to . Tight Lines and bent rods.

Removed visible e-mail to keep spammers from targeting the community with e-mail harvestors : Paul

7. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    It is nice to know that you are better. Best wishes and I look forward to hearing about your trip. The Missi up here at Hannibal is 48*, so most guys are after walleye now. Weather is iffy up here for Sat. Hannibal Mike

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    So how did everyone do this weekend ,any big ones? I went down yesterday and looked at a 2070 lowe with 115 4stroke rear railing with driftmasters on it ,we are checking if we can afford it ,but i think i might go down and buy it next weekend, If i do ron the first warm day we can head out and try it out if your up to it

9. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Is that the one at the dealer just west of Warsaw? Nice boat but sure seems huge...

I thought they told me that boat was built for the owner and he was going to use it as a demo model. Maybe I heard wrong or maybe they changed their mind...

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    If it's the one here T is was demoed by the owner. He's been trying to talk me into buying it but can't afford it right now. Robert it is a nice rig and you should have plenty of room for friends. Hint, Hint, LOL. Also anthony has his guide boat for sale the seaark 2070 w/cabin for about the same price, he's asking 14k, would probably deal some. There both nice, hope to see you in one!

11. smallriverrat

smallriverrat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well I couldn't get out this weekend. I am oncall and my job is not to understanding about that. But anyone catching any? I am trying to find places to fish and trying to get some bait ponds located again. I think I have one or two but I need to wet a line to find out if there worth anything or not.

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yes thats the one i was looking at ,but mine will be coming from the factory in feb. and riged up like that one,yea spoon.well have to go drifting when i get it

13. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Briefly considered going out this weekend, but there's something about the idea of being on the water when it's 25F and blowing that just sort of sounds like it wouldn't be much fun...

14. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The water surface temp today on Truman is 48 degrees.

The weather is supposed to stay below freezing all week, then warm into the 40's on Saturday which would be my next chance to get out on the lake.

But by then, I'd expect the water temp to drop another 5 or 7 degrees or more, and I wonder whether it'd be worth the effort to go fishing?

15. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Robert

How much dealing was the boat dealer willing to do? Trying to get an idea of what to expect when I go down to haggle for a boat in the next couple of months.

Haven't talked to them in person, but on the phone, they prices they quote are pretty much MSRP I think, as I get the same prices from several dealers I've called.

Anyone know about how far to expect them to come off of those prices?

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Marty I'm not sure how much he will come down but the owner told me 13 for his demo boat with a grayline tank included. Don't know if thats a good deal or not but the guys across the street want 20k for there 20 ft. boats. I.ve been looking at workskiff boats and they are the heavest made boats I've seen. Very impressive and would definetly last a guy a life time.
    http://www.workskiff.com/boat-specs.php

17. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Wow Troy -- sounds like a good price for a loaded 2070. Was that with the 115 2-stroke or just the boat?

They quoted me $10500 for a new 1860 center console with a 50 hp 2-stroke Johnson, so I know they'll come down a bit. That's the same price I got from the new Lowe dealer here in Lee's Summit.

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    That was his demo with a 115 2 stroke. He had another 20 ft. there (new) with a 90 4 stroke new and believe he wants more for it.

19. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    the 4stroke is 16000 but looks like the deal might fall through,but i will have a new boat before spring

20. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Hey, Jess, Ron, Larry
    I'm still here in the background just reading and laughing. Maybe this summer we can kidnap Ron, and get a few in the boat. April seems like a long way off when your sitting in Iowa with 8" of snow and below zero temps already, but the ice is thick enough to fish so it isn't all bad.