Winter fishing

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by catfishing is fun, Dec 23, 2006.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    im from Missouri, but im here for a little over a week with my mom, im thinkin of tryin the grand river, in lowel, i dont know how winter fishin is here but its always fun to fish.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

2. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    well i don't know where lowell or the grand river are, but i hope you get lucky with winter fishing!

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I don`t know where you are but I hope you wear them out:big_smile: :006:

4. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    welcome to MI. if you are gonna try fishing in Lowell, I suggest you try fishing the flat river below the dam downtown. You might catch almost anything there. from rockbass to smallmouth or maybe even winter run steelhead. Who knows you might even get a cat or two. The mouth of the Flat where it enters the Grand is also a spot worth looking at. I've never fished there this time of year, but it seems to be good during the other 3 seasons......so if you play the odds, who knows.

good luck where ever you try, and enjoy your limited time here with your family.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

5. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    With the weather we've been having, anything is possible.
    There's always something in th eGrand that will bite on crawlers, spawn, or cut bait.
    Have a great time!

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Boy fella....

Between Tony and Jspiel, you have all the info you need on that area. You're among the best and most informative in that river system.