Winter fishing is here!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by coolarrow2, Dec 16, 2007.

1. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Man the fishing should really pick up now!!! This sudden drop in really cold temps should kill off a good bunch of shad and the old blue cats should really group up in the holes now. I hope to get out there next weekend and see that happens! I'm on call this weekend and work will not let me go or I would be on the water right now:(. Man you have to love this time of year!

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    Yes sir, i agree. Had about two hours to spend yesterday and headed down here on the guadalupe river where there's a deep 35 ft hole. A good hole too. ALl i could manage was a handfull of threafins...packed them on and had good un' all the way up to the top ...he winked at me a spit it...lol.
    Hoping to get down there later in the week after some trips.
    Beautiful spot. Just need some TOW ..time on water.
    Yes sir, love some winter fishin

3. StankBaitHooker

StankBaitHooker New Member

State:
    Clemson SC
    Dress warm out there its mighty nippy

4. boogie man

boogie man New Member

State:
    texas
    I'VE BEEN HOLED UP ALL WINTER WAITING FOR NICE WEATHER. AFTER READING YOUR POSTS IT GOT ME WANTING TO GO ANYWAY. SO I'ME HEADED TO BOB SANDLIN IN MT PLEASANT TEXAS TO GIVE IT A SHOT. I USUALLY ALWAYS DO GOOD THERE IT'S JUST A COMFORT THING . GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

5. texasrecurve

texasrecurve New Member

State:
    texas
    Haven't had much luck this winter, but spring is just around the corner!

TR

6. stikshooter

stikshooter New Member

State:
    Floresville tx
    Texas Recurve,is that you from TBH?

7. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Hey guys I work on the north slope of Alaska and believe me after being up there for three weeks in the winter it's never to cold down here to fish.

8. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    You're missing out on some good fishing and absolutely no crowds on the lakes during the winter. Plan your trips around the weather for your comfort if needed. The fishing can be outstanding. The fish can be caught both shallow and deep. Just get out and fish. Time on the water means more fish in the boat. The rains we're getting this weekend will pull some more fish up in the creeks and in the running water. The run off should also get the sand bass run in full swing.