Winter fishin

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catfishing is fun, Dec 24, 2006.

1. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    i was wondering if catfish hit in cold water, im not sure what the water temp is but the air temp has ranged from 45-55 degrees, and ive hered that cold water fishing produces good chanels is this correct thanks for the help

2. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    MERRY CHRISTMAS>>>I fish all year long,Cutt bait Blue gill/shad/skipjack are my winter bait's.With a good campfire and hot coffee

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We been getting channels here in Ohio everytime out lately, Got 6-7 yesterday morning. Our water temps have been in the low 40's but about 3 weeks ago when the water was 36, we still took em, cut shad in the deeper troughs in our local river. Last Winter got em every month through the winter.

Dress warm, keep moving if no hits after about 20 minutes

Salmonid

4. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    I live in florida now but i,m from INDY and i have been known to stand on a bank and fish for flatheads with snow hitting me in the back of the neck. Just dress warm and try some battery opperated heated socks and maybe some hand warmers. Oh Yea take you some hot coffee. Good Luck hope you get the big ones. Cats are allways eatting it just takes a little longer to hook up but you will.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Oh ya, they bite!

We catch some of our biggest blues consistently in January-March. Presentation needs to be slower in the colder water. So if you are drifting really slow it down. Anchoring seems to work best. Baits are basically the same with the fish liking different things on different days.

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    We have one member that catches them through the ice. Can't remember who it is, but he said they are fairly consistent. So, I'd say yes they bite. And cold water is best for big bluecats.

7. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Man Get out there and catch some cats! We get some of our biggest cat this time of year! The only thing that keeps me off the water is a Cold rainy day. I can deal with the cold but the rain and cold and I'm done. The cat's still bite but I can not do it. LOL

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    You can catch cats all winter long Blue love cold water they eat all year.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I consistantly look forward to the colder winter months as I know this is the times the big blues cruise. The bulk of my big cats come at this time. From November thru March. Sit out there, dress to impress as far as warmth is concerned, and have some hot cofee, chocolate,and wait them out.

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Unfortunately with work and all, I haven't had much opportunity yet this year, but I have a spot I want to try real soon.

11. catfishing is fun

catfishing is fun New Member

State:
    Missouri/Michigan
    git r done neo catch a whopper

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yep cold water is still water if theres water theres cats in it and chances are their eating . when and where who knows , iv only caught a few latly water temp 43 but still catching blues channels and a few flatheads to