Winter Creekin'

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by C_wernett, Dec 31, 2007.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Got back up in the creek with a buddy again yesterday. Couldn't make a far trip, as the gas situation was little on the bleak side. We started off fishing his #1 spot and found nothing, so we took to the sheltered side of the creek, were I found a skunk monkey freeing 13 1/2" flounder and one spike speck. We used the breeze we had to drift. On the way I picked up another spike.

We nearly reached the other shore when we started marking fish and hooking up! Nothing to scream about, but a nice day of 13-17" fish, with the two of us ending 5 trout short of filling out 2 limits. We also found a nice quanity of rat reds from 13-16", and a few more short flounder. I did hook one red that probably would have gotten into the slot, but he got up in some brush and the hook gave. (Always with the one that got away :0a23: )

But had a really great day non-the-less and am planning a fish fry now! :smile2:

2. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Sounds like a good trip. Feel free to freeze the fish and mail them to me:wink:

3. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't know about mailing them, but any brethren that want to can feel free to stop by for a fish fry!

4. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Here's a quick picture of the damage we did together! lol

Attached Files: