WINTER CATTIN PROJECTS

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT, Dec 15, 2009.

1. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

My catting gears been packed away for a couple weeks now.And yes,I know i,m a little sniveling baby,but I just cann,t fish the cold anymore due to health problems.My plans for the winter are sprucing up some of my rods and reels.Building my lead supply up to at least 300# to start casting sinkers for the year.Stocking up on terminal tackle,hooks,swivels,more leader material, pre-tying enough leaders to last me for the upcoming year.Working on plans for a couple different kinds of rod holders.Making racks in the van to store all my rods overhead.Most important for me though is scouting out some holes in new areas and opening them up for bank fishing.Getting in some more Kat bobbers to fish this year.Organizing my log books according to river levels,water temp,time of year,and time of day.Another major job is trying to get some trips set up for fishing with different BOC members in my state.Puttin phone #,s on my cell to get a hold of the waterway conservation officers and finding out if they,ll come out to weigh a new state record(you gotta dream!).Also looking into putting a 20 gal bait tank in my van.This ought to cover me until the end of January anyhow.Finding old holes and how to get into them again.Also plan on figuring out a plan to snag jetskiers!almost forgot,the annual sorting out of my tackle boxes and finding stuff i forgot I even had.Whats everybody else got lined up for the off season?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well, im gonna shoot for a new record, scout new spots, and we got a boat now so now that we have that you'll probably see me post some big cats this upcoming year!!! Thats about it right now for me.

3. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    im going to fish..:big_smile:

4. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Well Pat, my hat is off to you sir. It'll probably take me the next half of December just to read all of your post. :wink: Just kidding. The 300 pounds of lead will really keep you busy.
    I'll probably go over all my reels, read as much as possible on fishing, do some ice fishing if we get safe ice, make some homemade fishing lures and at times just be bored. :wink:

Ray

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well i am going to try and finish my boat done tied about 150 leaders think im set with leaders got to tear all my reels apart and clean and oil got plans to build me a 6500cs copper color abu i am in the middle of a bamboo crappie rod build i got plenty to do just getting it done lol

6. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is the time of year I spend a lot of time watching football and cussing at the screen, because I once again bet on the wrong team.

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Im going to spend winter out on the Ohio in search of Winter Blues. It will be my first season fishing for them during the winter season. Other than that, when money allows, i am going to try to build up my tackle inventory and maybe buy another rod and reel combo. Scout some water for the Madison Classic as well since I have not fished that area before :smile2:

8. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Keep fishing, buy more tackle and rods & reels :eek:oooh::roll_eyes::wink::big_smile::smile2:

9. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I just got a hold of a 16 ft '62 fiberglass crestliner arabian imperial boat,,,needs some floor work,,the 40 horse johnsons starts and runs,, depending on $$$$ ,might work on it this winter,,or next,,,or the next year,,,,,,,sometime,,,,,I think. ( I got a hundred in it)

10. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Gonna repack the bearings on my boat trailer beings my bearing buddy failed (nut came undone on the back of the zerk. Might put some carpet on the seats, cause them suckers are HOT in the summer. I'm tired of getting burnt every time i touch them, and i worry about my kids when they are in the boat. Pretty much just plan on hunting more than anything this winter.

11. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    You got it all planned out. My only plan is to scout new spots and try to fish a few times.

12. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I am going to do some hunting, do some ice fishing, clean my gear, scout for new spots and spend money on tackle.

13. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'll be goin over all my tackle about a dozen times before the season starts, then gettin the boat all preped for spring, then just fish,fish,fish.....man i can't wait til may:cool2:

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I'd just like to clean my reels. Months of sand, dirt, and mud can do a number on you reels.

15. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My father and I are getting ready to pull our project boat into the barn and start rebuilding it. We bought an old 18' x 9' fiberglass deckboat two years ago and are just now getting around to remodeling it. Was gonna buy a new boat, but figured we've already got most of the supplies to redo this one, so I figure I'll buy me a humminbird 997 fish finder, some drift master rod holders, and whatever else I decide to put on it. I'll hopefully have some pictures to post after this weekend.

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pat you have outlined some neat things to do to get rid of the cabin fever. This is the other side to fishing and can be most enjoyable and profitable. Enjoy.

17. altcatmaster

altcatmaster New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ill go over all my trot lines and limblines to make sure they are 100% Got about 200 9/0 hooks to sharpen also gonna make me some larger minnow and crawfish traps and gonna figure out how to make a arm to hold a video camera to shoot video while Limb lining and trotlining also gonna make various sizes of trotline concrete sinkers