Winter boat project.

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Mr. Foster, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I finally got my Coleman Crawdad down in the basement yesterday. Im looking to make it a river boat. Theres not alot I can bolt, screw, or secure stuff to. I have an idea though. Im looking to put swivel backed seats on, install a depth/fish finder, rod holders, amd a motor. Im only five minutes away from the Walnut River, I would really like to get to know the stretch that runs through here, and get some new P.B.s. I cannot wait till spring to get out there. I attached some pics, not a looker, but I believe it will do fine for what I need.

Attached Files:

2. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    looks like it will a great smallriver rig what size of moter will it handle?

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    That'll work. Id get those stadium seats like I have on my boat.
    When you get the stuff let me know, I will try to make it down there and help. Shouldnt take long at all. If I can get this 5 hp I have runnin right I will sell it to ya for cheap if you are interested.

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I don't know how thick the plastic is but looks like you have plenty of room to mount scotties rod holders in the corners and on the cup holders (if you decide to leave them). 5 hp would make that thing scoot!

5. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Brent that boat will be great for the Walnut! My uncle has one and it made it easy to hop riffles and shallow sand bars.

6. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    5 hp would make that thing scoot![/QUOTE]

A 5hp will fill like a 20hp in that! It would make fishing a lot easier then the trusty ol paddles. LOL. Lord knows I have paddeled enough canoes in that river and some places the current is down right brutal on the ol back.

7. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Thanks for all the positive comments guys. I feel a lil bit better now. Kyle you jus give me a call if you decide to sell it. Ill come take a look. Will I need a planer (sp) lol?

8. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Brent, I think you will do just fine in that boat. I do not know the Walnut at all, but I grew up on the Niangua river down in southwest missouri. My Dad and I used an old SEARS 10 ft jon with a trolling motor and caught some pretty big catfish. I agree with Kyle on the stadium seats. Dad had a few of those and we thought we were real big timers! LOL

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice boat Brent..Keep us up-dated on your progess..