Winter blues...

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by LilRyjoe04, Jan 22, 2010.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I'm talking about having the blues not catching them.lol I'm ready for spring already! I can't complain too much though, it has been a mild winter so far. Who would have thought that it would be 50 degrees mid way through January? I can't wait to catch some catfish again! How's everybody else doing? Oh yah and by the way........

GO COLTS!!!!!!

2. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'm ready for spring too. I've got 2 small dollhouse size cabins to finish building hoping that someone will pay me with a large bucket of skipjacks. :fingers-crossed:

3. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    lee just tell me when i,ll come down and get you as many skippys as i can catch for ya . i,m gonna hit the 39 bridge here after bit to see what,s biting and try out a new reel i got . i hate ebay now hahaha i,ve bid on about 20 reels .

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hangin' in there I guess... watchin' all them southern boys catch fish, countin' down days and payin' outrageous electric bills.... hangin' out in the HI section talkin' politics til I'm about ready to puke-lmao.... ready for the Colts game!

5. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    you gotta get me on some of them flats this year pepper were basically neighbors

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes we are... Well hook up.... just holler at me when you're ready!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i hear ya on the blues. if i didnt ice fish i wouldnt make it through the winter. lol

8. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    when do the flats usually start biting around here i didnt really start fishing for them until last year so im still a rookie

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I sually won't hit 'em up until the waters in the 60's but some guys start earlier.......

10. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Now's the time for me to get the honey-do list done!

11. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    may as well bro, you got time.

12. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Be easy on her bro, its not her fault you cant be out fishing.. :sinister::sinister:

13. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    We need to get a gathering going this spring sometime! Winter won't be hanging on too much longer, atleast I hope so! Oh yah, and....

GO COLTS!!!!!

14. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Your from indiana? and you fish?? dang, i thought you was just here for the nfl thread!! :rotfl:

Why the heck aint you out there on geist? thats one of my favorite winter spots.. aside from the ohio river..

get out there and catch some real winter blues, and post pictures when you get back! I KNOW they are in there.. probably find fresh bait by the boat club.. if you aint got a boat, find one! theres gotta be more people that want to fish geist that need a few bucks for gas!

You got just under 2 weeks with nothing else to do, so no excuses! lol

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you ever been to turtle creek? Wabashriverbear introduced me it. You could probably swim right now around the power plant.
    I don't think there are blues in it, but there's no doubt in my mind you can catch flatties and channels right now there. I need to get out there..... I just hate the cold.

16. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL!! True that Kyle, I am a die hard Colts fan, but my brother (typer181) and I usually go out to Eagle Creek when it's warm. he caught a 52 pound flathead out of Eagle Creek about five years ago, it's the biggest fish ever caught out of there. It was in the newspaper. That's really what started our "Catfish fever".lol We got a gathering together a couple years back on the Whiteriver by the Train tressles off of Whiteriver Parkway near downtown, and it was fun, but when you have a big gathering, the problem you run into is bank space. I was hoping if anyone knows a good location with a good amount of bank space for sometime this spring? I'll have my brother talk to Shane(Skippies2use) and see if he knows any good spot with a lot of bank room, it may include some driving down to the Ohio, but I'm always up for a road trip! We have some time so hopefully we'll figure out a good location! Oh yah and....

Go Colts!!

17. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    i know what yall talking about the blues seating watch it snow and snow and snow i am shaking in my boots for the flatties to season to start yes it was a blue sunday for the colts but we have next yr now time for flatties i am like a bear in the winter RYAN there are some bank spots on the whiteriver just have to find them

18. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    My wife is going stir grazy with all the snow. The other night we got 6-7" which almost melted as of yesterday then last night & this morning another 6-7" today & some more for this week. With her working pt at the schools, me with 2 ptj's with the schools plus my regular job I'm off from work for a few weeks after I attempted to shovel out the drive way. I ended up at the ER after giving the EMS & 1st RS an early morning 911 wakeup call. I don't think that our "blues" will count.:Happy:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  19. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. Hope you are feeling better!

Just think about warm days that are soon to come, and catching some fish!

20. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'm feeling better even after getting a chance to get some things done but I'll most likely pay for it tonight & tomorrow.