winter blue catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by South Grand Laker, Dec 19, 2007.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well it sure didn't seem like winter blue's today i think it was 60's on grand lake today, it was an almost execellent day, i caught by myself over 40 blues, on average 1lb to 5lbs but with 4 going over 15, and 2 over 25lb, one i'd like to say somewhere around 30 that didn't get landed in time so you know how that goes, probably a dink, they are being caught in deeper water though more sure, 75 to 85 deep was they most of them, water temp 49.5 today

2. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Were you on Grand Lake? Where you using shad or what was your bait? thanks for sharing the info!

3. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah i was on grand lake, i live on grand, on the mouth of duck creek, my back door is the lake. but anyways i've lately been using sand bass fillets and also i've used a bit of- drum they've all worked well, somebody was talking about the new in-fisherman article where tehy have experimented with baits frozen for a few days, well i've been using sand bass that has set in my ice chest dry to the air this last week pretty much riped out like leather and still catching fish on the same old cut up sand bass, makes me wonder sometimes