Winter Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by o'boro cat hunter, Jan 17, 2010.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went out Saturday with my Bro in the Cannelton Pool for about 4hrs, bite was slow and few and far between.We did manage to put 3 fish in the boat 22lbs,15lbs and a 10lbs not the best day ever but we did get to fish and put a few in the boat.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    sounds like a good time to me. water looks calm too, wish i was out there. trim motor went out on my boat.
    we have to do it manually and that sucks, also still needs a starter, but need my trim motor more.
    it been three weeks since i have been are the creeks still frozen. going to try and get out tommorow and get some skipjack.

3. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    looks like the one i let go. i think i seen you out there

4. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Was you fishing with worms???? He had a worm stuck in his throat when I caught him!!!!!Seen so many boats out, I guess one of them could of been you,sorry I missed you.

5. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    how deep were you fishing? Anchored or drifting...cmon specifics!!! :secret:

6. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Okay,It was a chilly Saturday we got out around 10:30am( later then I like).Pulled up on our first hole 35ft, along a channel on a inside bend,current very light.Hit a 15lbs blue in the first 10min, 3 more good bites and 30min later Bang 22lbs,hit a another 10lbs about 30min later, 4 or 5 more bits.Moved to a couple other spots but not much luck.Been achoring up fishing 35-50ft holes and using frozen Skips since Oct,it's really been paying off.

7. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    All my skips are gone and I dont think they are running at the dams right now. I do have an area where I can get shad but it is out of a warm water discharge and as soon as they hit cold water they are dead...but fresh. Guess they will have to do for now....looks like I will have some time to fish this week due to a job cancelling.