winter and spring fishing ok kerr lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by whitney weese, Jan 9, 2008.

1. whitney weese

whitney weese New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I'm look for some fishing and fish locating techniques for winter and spring fishing on Kerr lake. Is there any one out there that can help me in this problem and help but some fish in my boat?

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

Send off a PM to Big Sam, 777, or TKISHKAPE, they can get you lined out for sure. Great bunch of guys.:0a26:

EDIT: Oops, just noticed you are new. Hurry up and get to 10 posts and you'll be able to fire off those requests!

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Whitney, welcome to the BOC/SOC best catfishing site on the web:cool2:! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there.

Usually you can catch shad around Apple Gate Cove Marina. If not go out of the marina and hang a right go up til you see a white rock bank on your right. Sta 75 to 150 yards out from the white bank and you can catch shad there also. You will need an 8 ft. net and an extra rope to reach bottom but should be able to get enough to fish with. The surface water temp is 39 to 40 so the shad are fixing to be in deep water only.

When you catch your shad go around toward the dam and fish out from Short Mountain. The water is around 40 ft. in that area and everyone has been catching lots of fish in that area. Good luck when you go.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome to the HOOD!:smile2: that dang johnny always giving up my spots:tounge_out: The bait is where he said, better be there right before sun-up cause they scatter quickly when the sun comes up. Right now were fishing deepn cause the surface temp is 39-40 degrees. Shad kill is definately on the way!:tounge_out:

5. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    whitney we`ve been catching shad also there at apple gate, go to the point south of the dock, there is a marker light there try there to the green buoy. if you wait till daylight be ready to stay a while. you can also catch blues around the same buoy.

6. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    sam did you fish the tournament last weekend? randy said he cleaned up on the big fish. we sure would like to get a look at that new boat.

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yeah me and Johnny went after them. We got 2nd place with 5 fish weighing 107.lbs:eek:oooh: Thought we had 1st wrapped up, but we were mistaken!!:eek:oooh:

8. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Wow, what was first place? That's a great stringer of cats.