Winser Crossing at Lake Truman

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Does any one fish Winser Crossing on Truman? How do you do on cats there. Which way do you go from the ramp. I have never fished truman for cats just for bass some years ago. Just courrious to how it is. What bait is the best. I usually use threadfin shad most places I fish.

Tom

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Can't help you out on that lake but I think from what I have read from Spoonfish and some of the other Truman diehards they use mainly Shad. Favorite food of the Truman Blues. I'm sure that Spoon and some of the others will answer your ?. for you.
    So about all I can do on this subject is say WELCOME to the BOC/SOC.

3. flatter

flatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have fished truman quite a bit for catfish never at windsor crossin though. You might try the mile long bridge, kk island, hogus creek. Some great spots during the summer for driftin. We havent caught and over 30 40 but tons of eaters. We always use shad. Done lots of crappie fishin at windsor crossin it can be fantastic over there at times. good luck

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    To the right of boat ramp,toward main part of lake,on left side of lake, theirs a flat, took a few eaters out. shad or cut shad main bait I'm sure they would hit other baits at times. that area is mainly known for crappie. but their is cat in about any part of Truman. hope this helps.
    Jim

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks guys appreciate the info.

Tom

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    They catch a lot of flatheads up on the Tebo arm, upstream from Windsor Crossing. Apparently some of the locals around Windsor like to set out nesting boxes (tractor tires with plywood tops and bottoms) for the flatheads that they can come back and raid - the MDC pulled a bunch of them out last spring but (as far as I know) never made any arrests.

I've caught some channels and blues around there too - there are nice flats upstream and downstream from the bridge for drifting, plus the river channel is right there as well.

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wander if the "locals" are practicing catch and release?:angry: