winnebago

Discussion in 'Walleye Fishing' started by urrdone, Mar 24, 2008.

1. urrdone

urrdone New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Does anyone here fish lake winnebago in wisconsin. i know its a huge walleye lake. i know there going to be running soon and when they do the banks i fish gets elbow to elbow. i tried a few times last year to target them but no luck. i think the guys here were usin jigs with small plastic worms or shallow runnin rapalas. tried both no luck. i usually go at night around the midnight hour, also should mention weeds get very thick so snags become abundant!!

2. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Take a creme plastic worm tear rubber worm off and replace with real night crawler. Fish without a weight.

3. Jay Jay

Jay Jay New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I'm on the Fox, we're hoping for a good run this year with all the high water !Start throwing your tackel box at them , you will find what they are taking .We start with live bait, minnows with a lite jig ,nightcrawlers,leeches . Small spinners with live bait. Go to fleet farm ,they have hundreds of walleye lures .Vary your colors , and retriving speeds .

4. urrdone

urrdone New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Nice to find some local talent on here. Im in appleton. I fish the Fox for cats almost every night in the summer months. Mostly in neenah/menasha, but through boc have heard of some spots no more than 5 mins from my house.