Wingdikes

Discussion in 'Bank Fishing' started by kmcalester, Oct 11, 2009.

1. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    How are you fishing these is your local area?

2. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I go out to the end as far as I can with my stuff up on a big rock for the big waves that come from barge's and boats. I always put out my bait with my strongest pole out in the swiftest water. I stay out of casting in the water breaks from the dike. The heavest sinker I have tried so far is 8 ounce. I need to go bigger. I set up another pole out in the same direction fishing down river from the dike. I use my smallest pole to walk up and down the dike to catch any thing that will bite. I try with my littlest pole on both sides from the bank all the way out to the end. Just trying to locate fish. I don't know the bottom so I just keep two pole out on the end facing down river.

3. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    What's the strongest rod you are using?

4. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I am using a 8' MH berkley glow stick bait caster. i also use a M glow stick 7' spinning. I caught a 30,21,18 blue on my 8' rod.

5. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I might just have to gead that way and see what you a re doing down that way.

6. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    on the wing dikes is crucial to find where the current is breaking around the dike. and thats where u will normally find ur fish.

7. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    i agree. I put the bait out to the side and let the undertoe carry it back that way.