Wingbone callers

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by CountryHart, Apr 5, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Anyone ever used a wingbone for a striker? I make a few wingbone calls and they make really good strikers for friction callers.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nope, cant say I have. How do they sound? What surface works best, glass, slate, crystal? I"m not much good with a mouth call (gags me, lol) so I depend on boxes and pot calls. I'm always up for expanding my call options.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    my favorite call is an ole'yeller produced by Knight and Hale.I use one with most all of my callers, glass,slate or synthetic. When you first use it the tip will have to be sanded off to a slight bevel. Just hold and run it the same as you would with any striker.

4. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    The old yeller is one of my fav's too, I have the one in a plastic pot. I saw in my catalog they have a wood pot model out now. I thinks I'm gonna have to git me one. Thanks for the tip on the wingbone striker.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    PM me a mailing address and i'll try to get ya a striker. I got a couple and need to make some more.

6. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks Brother, much appreciated.

7. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Anybody know where I can get an old Ben Lee Turkey calling tape cazett or other?
    Any suggestions ?
    Thanks

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ya mite try Midwest Call supplys or night lite, i know night light carrys his callers. Ben Rodgers Lee was an altime hero of mine. I have his obit in my hunting scrap book.

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    John, I never thought of using a wingbone caller for a striker. I have one I made and everyone says it sounds great. I may have to make another and use it as a changeup call.

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Try it Richard. I'm sendin Bear one this week. It's like any striker, angle and pressure is the ticket.

11. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I have quite a few that I have made and call with, but have never thought about using them for strikers. I will be trying it out though.

12. duckaholic

duckaholic New Member

State:
    south carolina
    At this point of my season I will try anything:crazy:.