Winfield Tourny

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BEHITJ, Oct 26, 2008.

1. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    It turned out to be a pretty good day of fishing over all.We caught fish all day but couldn't get a big one to bite to save our life.We ended up with a 1st place finish with 63 lbs.Congrats to catfishchris with a 2nd place finish and BIG FISH honors GOOD JOB Chris!!!:smile2: with 59 lbs.total.Congrats to Willie on that $50 dollar monster you caught HOW IN THE H$LL DID YOU HOOK THAT THING?All in all it was a good turn out and a great day of fishing - the wind and chillie temps.

2. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Thanks for the report John... I had to work yesterday but had two buddies today ask about the tournament... How many signed up? What was Chris's big fish?

3. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    I think there were about 20 boats and 10-15 bank fisherman.Chris's big fish weighed 32 or 34lbs. and he said he lost a couple of good ones that cost him the win:sad2:.The guy is going to have another one next year again some time.

4. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    John I use a #2 treble hook as a stinger. The little guy must have went for the shad guts a hit the stinker. I thought it was my bait when I reeled it in..........LMAO:smile2:

5. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    How did your boat do up there and where did you guys fish at?

6. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    There were 20 boats and about a half dozen bank fishermen. Our big fish was 33 pounds. We another one in the twenties and a couple of small ones. It was really a nice day to be out.