Winfield report????

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Pipe Rat, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    C'mon Cuz and Chad. Wondering if you guys did any good after we left?

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Het doug I seen a 40 yamaha on craigslist for 300 with extra prop and controls. If I had the money I would get it

3. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    The report was 2 rats, according to a text from Cuz.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    So lets hear a report from the SASS' brothers. How did ya all do this weekend?

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Just as bad. Was down there with Cuz and Chad, we boated 1 stinking rat and left at 9:00pm as we'uns work in the daytime....EARLY!

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I am at work by 6 am my friend, I just have tuesdays off.

7. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Ok, I'll blame it on your youth. I used to be able to hoot with the owls all night and still go to work but not anymore.:embarassed:

8. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Thats called old age Skip:wink:

9. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Skip you may be old but your young at heart. I could tell that you would have even pulled an all nighter out of our recent Alton trip if they were biting good.:big_smile::wink::big_smile::wink:

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Two rats. That's it. Ha a great time getting to know Chad. He's really good people. Thanks a million for the invite buddy. Were trying to figure out if Chad got a pike or a Muskie in the bait net. Craziest thing. He also got a 15 poind flathead in the net on the very first throw. Lol we marked some real nice returns in textbook places but they sure wouldn't eat.

Thx again for a great time Chad. That's a pretty stretch of river you guys got up there.

11. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Speaking of nets: In 1 throw, from my waverunner,I pulled up 7 white Bass. two of them were 18 inches long

12. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I went fishing below bagnell on saturday and the biggest fish I caught all day was about a 3 lb largemouth in my cast net. Couldn't catch any shad to save my life but i caught about 100 crappie.

13. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Now I'm confused:confused2:
    What classifies a rat?
    A dink?
    A dandy?
    A hog?
    A pig?

14. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    We did this a while back......I think it was something like this

A dink = 1-20lbs
    A dandy = 20-40lbs
    A pig = 40-60lbs
    A hawg = 60+

purty sure that is how it was defined...

15. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Rat, thanks for the clarification on the cat classification, Cuz thanks for coming out with me, hope to do it again when the cats are biting. Talked to Tony Hunt, sounds as if he did worse than us cuz. Anybody fishing tonight heads up storms are supposed t be rollin in in a few hours.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    close

dink 0 -10
    rats 10 - 20
    dandys 20 - 40
    pigs 40 - 60
    hogs 60 and above

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    For example grump N Skipeye calls cuz n Chad last night n says "how yall doin?"

cuz " we got a dink n a rat n that's it"

There will be a quiz at the meeting lmao

18. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Anytime on the river is great :big_smile:, fishing the upper pools though is a roller coaster… :confused2: I was on the lower 1/3 of the pool above Winfield dam this morning… noticed water was dropping below the dam so hit the river above it and had a good day with the channel cats… was going for the fillets and tossed back 2 dinks per 1 keeper… caught em both deep and shallow… the females still had eggs, that is bazaar this time of year :crazy: but I have noticed with the water fluctuation again this year that some hold off, but as of two weeks ago water temp was above 80, today it was 74 so perhaps that was also a factor… awesome morning out there, air temp was in mid 50s this morning, between 9:30 and 10:00 am temp got hot and the bite got cold… good day in all. :wink:

19. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did you all catch anymore after i called you? and what time did you all end up getting off the river. After i got off the phone with you fishing got even better. I was a good night and an even better time. I think we found your spot for the tourny next weekend, if you catch what we caught last night you'll be in the money:wink: We have to hook up one night in my neck of the woods. How is work tonight, call me if you need anything or if you have a question.

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Josh. I think we caught one more fish after you called. It was slooowwwwwwwww. We got off the river right about first light. I think it was about 530. Glad you had a good night. Chad said you had a couple nice fish.