Winfield Locks

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by slipbobber, Jun 14, 2007.

1. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Coming in Sunday to do some fishing in my home waters. Might fish all night sunday dont know. But i do know i will be there all day sunday. anyone wanna do some fihing let me know. Possum trying to find you, are you up for some line wetting? I will show you some holes.

2. archer1914

archer1914 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I went to the locks a couple of weeks ago and fished the side by the wall where the barges go through first time I have been there every body said it was better fishing up around the bend about 200 yards up but we don't have a lantern yet ours broke and we are all to broke to replace it yet I was disappointed it was only about 5 to 8 feet deep where we where casting I caught a channels about 2pounds it was on top of the water in seconds after i hooked it they say by the wall its like 30 feet deep but the wall is farther away than it looks I would have a hard time keeping bait on and tossing it that far with my current set ups

3. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    go about 30 ft past the wall that ends there. and fish out as far as you can throw. use a 2 oz sinker. no problem with it. staying put. going sunday like i said start at locks then end up there on the army corp side...