Winfield locks needs our help

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by fishtillimbroke, Jul 23, 2007.

1. fishtillimbroke

fishtillimbroke New Member

State:
    west virginia
    I posted earlier in the week about taking the family fishing. We went to the beach below the locks and the trash there was terrible.Its almost a health hazard its so bad.I would like to get some input from all of the kanawha river fishermen and see if we could get a group together to donate time to clean it up. Growing up camping and fishing was the norm for my family and the general rule was *you pack it in you pack it out*.We have to protect our fishing areas or where will our grandchildren fish.Anyway anyone with input or would like to help please post here .Meanwhile ill get volunteers here at home. thanks for your time hope to hear from you soon:sad2:

2. hunterchet

hunterchet New Member

State:
    WV
    I would be willing to help clean up the area. Just let me know when you would like to do this and I will do my best to make it. It really upsets me that some of our fellow fisherman have no more respect for our fish, our environment (dont get me wrong, not a tree hugger), and other fishermen.

3. fishtillimbroke

fishtillimbroke New Member

State:
    west virginia
    thanks for your help.i have been working on all the details and as soon as i can get it all together I will let you know.still have a few people to talk to and stuff to gather up. As I said earlier thank you very much and we can bring this home soon till then catch em all and have fun

:006: