Winfield dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, Jul 19, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Is anyone having any luck at winfield dam?
    this weekend is going to be nice. just dont want to drive up there and their not biting

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Willie it's been a little slow up there the last two days, unless your looking for skippys that is.

Watch out for hidden hazards on the Illinois side below the Dam.

I think the dike I hit is starting to show now, not sure what the water level is supposed to be doing the next couple of days either though.

3. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Hay Darryl, how far do they let you come up to the dam with your boat.

4. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Devlyn, 300 feet I think, regardless there is a sign on the dike on the Illinois side that marks the spot. I observe this MOST of the time. From what I have seen most people go wherever they want to. I admit I have crossed it a few times. Mostly to drop anchor then let out line. I would imagine a hefty fine could go along with crossing that line but I don't know what it would be. They don't seem to enforce it much.

Good Luck.

5. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Darryl the next time your up by the locks, see what channel they are on, L&D 26 use channel 14 and the chain of rocks L&D use channel 12 for VHF radio

6. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    L&D 25 is channel 12.

I'm pretty sure it holds true that it alternates between channel 12 (odd numbered Dams) and channel 14 (even numbered Dams)