Winfield, 2nd Annual Catfish Classic Oct. 17

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Michael Jake, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  2. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Shawn and I fished it last yr.. It wasnt that bad compared to some we fished in the past.. Prob because we won some $$$ My .8 catfish won us $50 (thats right no type o) .8 and we came in 7 place and got $60 for that... I know thats not real money to the PRO'S but thats the first tourney ive won money at...

4. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Some guy on another post said something about trailering allowed.

5. Shutupandfish

Shutupandfish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone know if we can trailer, I also heard that you can use as many rods as you want is that true?

6. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    • Bank fishing allowed 2.no mimimum length on fish 3.fish must be kept in a livewell 4.no other fish in the boat other then catfish or bait fish 5.rule meeting at 7:35am 6.pole and line fishing only 7.shotgun start at 8:00am 8.2 poles in the water per man regardless of men per boat 9.all boats must be back to weigh in at or before 6:eek:opm 10.all boats are to remain 200ft apart whiled anchored 11.all missouri fishing laws to be observedat all times. ENTRY FEES ARE 20.00 PER MAN OR 60.00 A BOAT DAY OF TOURNAMET IS 40.00 PER MAN OR 120.00 PER BOAT 1ST PLACE IS 350.00 2ND 200.00 3RD IS 100.00 GRAND PRIZE IS 500.00 AND YOU MUST CATCH AT LEAST 1 CATFISH I typed this off the fleyer i got .

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  7. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Hey tony you fishing this one? The pay out aint sheet. We will probably still be there but I'm not pating double for a late fee.

8. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    yea i guess we will fish this one not a very thought out tournament:confused2:

9. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    I also forgot to put in there 40.00 big fish and 20.00 smallest fish ive got that small fish prize wrapped up.:smile2: Dont know about trailering been trying to get a hold of Nick the guy who is having the tournament.:eek:oooh:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Better have a backup plan other than fishing the dam. Lockmaster said it could possibly be a couple months before repairs are completed. It is almost unfishable at the moment. Very rough water and white water rapids. Half the dam is completely shut off and the entire river running through the other half with those gates wide-open.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Splash you need to talk to this guy and tell him there is a lot of people that would be interested in fishing the tourney if the entry wasn't double and darn thing was a little better thought out. And what is the extra money going to? Its really hard to spend 120 dollars for a chance at 300 dollars unless you know for sure its for a good cause.

12. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    He said the extra proceeds was going to the Winfield sports assocation. Janson he said he will call me tonight any more question you want answered post them and i will ask him.

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

why double?? heck cabelas dont even double and the pay out is more...:eek:oooh: I plan on paying on the 15th bout thats the question thats prob. in ppl heads...

14. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    I will ask him tonight willie.

15. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Talked to Nick the guy having the tournament he said trailering will be allowed , the 120.oo fee for paying the day of the tourney will only be 60.00 a boat instead of 120.00 . maybe instead of shotgun start may make everyone draw a pill. member has to be at meeting .Hope i got everyone questions answered if not pm me.

16. Pipe Rat

Pipe Rat Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    (QUOTE) "Member has to be at meeting" (UNQUOTE)
    A member of what?

17. slider

slider New Member

State:
    louisiana, mo
    one person of the boat has to be at the meeting

18. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Thanks Slider :wink: .My bad for not explaining more clearly.:eek:oooh:

19. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Ima Bring it up again.. Just in case you guys get bored this weekend

20. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Anybody going to fish this one will will be there for sure. The fish are biting.:0a19::0a19: