Windy Sunday fair fishing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    My brother and I went downtown at 4:00 PM Sunday to try our luck with shad in the wind. Man was it breezy. Gusts up to 30 MPH. It was nice and warm almost 80. I fished in a T Shirt. As we were motoring up to the I 95 bridge, I stopped to beg a shad off a guy playing one. He said no problem, reeled it in and tossed it over in our boat. It was good size and sure enough an American Shad so back it went. I hope the American Shad come back the way the Hickories have. I do love to eat their eggs a few times a year.

My Brother Master Flyrodder caught a few Hickory Shad, not many but enough for bait. We caught a handful of cats, only one big one but a nice one at 49 pounds. Did not see any Striper activity at all.

Attached Files:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Good stuff! I'll be back this weekend to redeem myself. Bringing my shad darts and spoons and some light gear too.

3. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    sounds good kenneth. i plan to see you guys this weekend.

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I made the mistake of going down to Charles City. It was so windy, I stayed for 2 hours, should have stopped downtown but flew right past. O well.
    I'm taking off Friday for some downtown fishing....
    good luck

5. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Nice job Kenneth thanks for the report.Look out guys I lost my job at coca cola and there are not any jobs up here have been checking out the net and there are alot of jobs in my feild open in Virginia I am thinking of relocating,I would do any job to get closer to the James.

6. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Sorry to hear the news about your job Jerry, but as Bob Barker used to say come on down! But leave the yankee accent.

Practice saying "yawl" alot.

Good luck.

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    We would love to have a good man move here. Best of luck Jerry. Tough decision with all your family in Ohio. Your daughterl getting married. Grandbabies before you know it. Your pals. Tough decision. Sorry about your job.

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I'm sorry to hear that Jerry. I hear Ohio is getting hit hard. Best of luck finding something soon. Let me know if you need any help with anything. We'd love to have you here!