Windy Long Day

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jwfish, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Started out going about the first two hours geting bait only medium cutters then went down river from jp and got a 31lb fish after that the tide died and did not come up for around three hours.When it did we did get two in the teens and a few other small fish.Will be going out of deep bottom tomorrow.Hope bait is easier to get.Talked to Kenneth and he had a rough day too.

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like a good day of fishing in spite of the wind. Thanks for the report and good luck tomorrow.

3. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Jerry ....hope you have good luck tomorrow but the forcast doesn't look to good:

A chance of rain, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. West wind between 13 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Congrats on your catch today..........

Jerry

4. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Jerry hope you have a good day tommorrow and congrats on todays catch. "Hope you hook some Hawgs"

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    You guys are spoiled.:smile2:

A high near 65 sounds good to me right now!

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    JW, I was out today as well, but upriver. I started the day out on my first hole with a nice takedown, it was a really big fish, but he was never hooked - the hook was buried in the bait, operator error.:angry: Thought it was gonna be a good day, bait was really easy. Ended up fishing about 10 holes and had two 8's and a 5 to show for my effort. Oh well, can't get them all the time!

Have a good week, I'm sure you're gonna have some awesome reports.

7. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    The wind can make it tough...13-16 mph and you can count on gust to be at least 5 mph over that......and then if you get the wind opposite the tide it can get quite choppy in fact in the big water areas heard of swells of 5' with wind at 20...my understanding a west wind can make it tough on the James...anything much over 10.....I was told if you have a smaller boat and the wind is over 10 stay above Presquill.....but yea 65 sounds real nice.

Jerry

8. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Better luck next time out Josh....a good day yesterday would have defiantly but the icing on the cake for your trip this weekend....but still some very nice catches Saturday.....

Jerry

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'm stuck in Oklahoma for a bit. Wind was 26 today with gusts over 30 so I know what you mean about wind wearing you out. The lake definately was whitecapping, but if you have a tide where you are at and the wind is against it that can make a huge difference. Same on the Mississippi River with a south wind blowing.

10. WillyZ

WillyZ New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Congrats on a good day. Thanks for the report.

WillyZ

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!