WINDOW VISTA - Is anyone using this operating system?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Oct 3, 2007.

Thoughts on WINDOWS VISTA

1. Totaly not satisfied with Vista

2. Totaly satisfied with Vista

3. dont have Vista but heard stories

4. undecided

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    IS anyone using vista and do you like it?Our coumputer is less than a year old and the problems we are having are ALOT. I know some of it is operator error but We never had these with our old coumputer and X/p .Microsoft .......:angry:

2. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I know the guys at the local computer repair shop and they both claim they don't care for it one bit.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I dont have it yet Ill wait at least another 6 months before I even try. Every OS that they put out there is bugs that need weeded out. You will probably get at least 5 or 6 patches for it within that time frame.

4. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I am not even willing to try it for 6-12 months. I want to see them work out some of the troubles first.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been dual booting XP and Vista on my laptop for a few months now, and am considering taking XP off.

6. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    I have vista on one of my computers that I use for design work and the software utilizes vista for enhancements that improve search, preview,navigation, security and content syndication.
    it also optimizes effiency and visual interaction.
    It is the best windows platform I have ever used.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had windows vista ultimate since it came out, and I have had no problems at all.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I have Vista on my wifes laptop. As a computer technician, I have had no problems with Vista on that laptop. HOWEVER. As a computer technician, I hate dealing with Vista because too many customers who have it, try and use it just like XP. It's not the same, it's different get used to it.

9. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    hate it !!!!! Step dad got it on a new laptop 4 months ago. He worried me to DEATH over issues and I convinced him to have it wiped clean and loaded with XP. Not a worry since!!!!!! When they get Vista working, and places like AOL get used to dealing with it, we will go back and try it again!

10. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    mine runs great on vista make sure you are getting all the updates or it will suck

11. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    vista is a resourse hogg needs 512 megs of ram just to boot it. Its way too bloated and not any better than xp IMO waste of time and money.

12. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    I have used Vista since it came out. I have had some driver issues associated with java, but I like all the new options, lots of potential. Just as Eric said, you really have to stay on top of the updates. Given time, it will be a good system.

13. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Folks Vista is not XP get used to it. Sure it is different if it wasn't they wouldn't have made it. Yes there is some updates that need to be installed but XP was no different when it came out. And they are still updating it. Been using it since it came out and the only problem was I had to wait for a driver to come out for my printer. Sure it takes alot of memory to run but the last time I checked computers these days have tons and tons more memory then they did 5 years ago. If you have an older computer it probably is not gonna be a good choice of operating system for you. With a newer computer it seems to work fine. Let's face it microsoft did not design it to work with with a older system. Heck XP still has problems even after six years. Once you get used to Vista it's a great system. But like anything new and different you just have to figure it out. Just my thoughts on the topic.

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    The big difference when XP came out it would work with everything including my old printer and scanner I had been using with W-95. The drivers were already included with XP. There was nothing to figure out, it was sooo simple compared to W-95. I know a person that purchased Vista, they had to download new drivers for everything they had. They cussed it at first but has got better.
    Myself, I loved XP from day one and it's never caused me any problems in 6 years. I think a lot of people had problems when they tried to install XP on an older computer.

15. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    XP on this computer, but I still think Windows 2000 Professional was the best OS for PC.

16. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Same here. Haven't had too many problems, but you have to stay updated. :cool2:

17. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have had my vista system for about a year now. A couple of patches fixed the minort problems I was having at first. I liked it enough to upgrade to a new desktop and got the wife a new laptop with the Vista sytem. One thing though it is a little different than XP and takes some getting used to but, it no harder than learnong to cast a new reel.

18. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Windows 95 RULZ

19. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    This thread is why I'm a linux geek myself.... :smile2: