Wind out of the east

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by akilliss, Aug 11, 2006.

1. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    I was planning on goiong out tonight. so i got out of bed early(5pm) and ran over to my dads pond to catch me some bluegills. normally i use a small red hook and catch plenty without bait. no bites,so i put a wax worm on and still no bites. finally after spending 45 minutes and catching 2 little bluegills i gave up and decided not to go. the wind was blowing out of the east tonight and all the old timers say they wont bite. anyone els go toight and have any luck. i couldnt catch bait so i figured i wouldnt be catchin fish either.

2. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I go fishing when I can. I don't care what direction the wind is blowing. I've always heard that the fish don't bite when the wind is out of the east but I've had some very good days when the wind was out of the east. I think the best time to go fishing is when you can.

3. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I've always heard that fish bite least when the wind is from the east and strangely enough that has beared out to be true over the years dont know why, just seems to be that way:roll_eyes:

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have always heard that:big_smile:

5. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    wind out of the east fishing is the least. wind out of the west fishing is the best:big_smile:

6. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Cows, Is how i go fishing or not, If the cows are standing up means no front is coming or storm system, if the bedding down then somethings up :lol:

7. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I go any time the water is wet , ya never know .

8. cashcobra

cashcobra New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have heard the same, but sometimes fish bite when you least expect.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I second that thought as long as the water is wet fish it.

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Me too but that's interesting, I'll have to keep that in mind to see if it works for me or not.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah its true eastern wind turns the fish in my neck of the woods off or atleast slows their bite down , but that dont stop me from goin rather be fishin then wasting around doin what ever else

12. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    this was friday evening. i went back last night about the same time. and with in 5 minutes i had 10 juicy bluegills ready to be eaten. so i hope the cats bite tonight.

13. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've heard that saying also -
    When the wind is from the east, fish bite least....
    " " " " " " " " west, they bite best......
    " " " " " " " " south, it blows food in their mouth...
    And I don't remembering what it supposed to happen when the wind blows from the north. Anyway, the idea is that fish bite best when there is a western or southern breeze.

14. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I've always heard when the wind is out of the east the fish bite the least.. But I still go lol...:lol:

15. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    dude i don't know about the winds from from the east or anything likr that but if i were you i would buy a cast net and learn to use it. it sure would come in handy. i have yet to get one but i was out with tea and bgrumbles a while back and they bring in shad and gills like crazy. thanks for posting

16. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    ha the one cast net i had got ate. it locked onto some rocks druing november and i just left it. didnt have enough extra clothes to brave cold water with me. but yeah they do rock. it was just a strange day that none would bite and my dads pond is overran with gills. then saturday same time i caught ten of em in like 5 minutes. so it makes me wonder if the wind from the east myth is true. im gonna submit it to myth busters ha ha

17. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Your not allowed to keep bluegill that are caught in a cast net, dont get caught doing that..Id imagine that would be a hefty fine..The shad are fine, but your supposed to caught the blue gills on a rod and reel