Wind out of the east

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by rivertoon, Jun 10, 2009.

1. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was wondering what everyone else thinks about the old saying "Wind out of the east, fish bite the least." I swear by this and was wondering if anyone else thought the same. It seams that I can find a fish or two no matter the conditions except for on an east wind.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Storms seem more severe when they come from the east maybe something to do with barometric pressure .

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Me too....an East wind usually means not good fishing.:wink:

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I will agree with Lance on this. I think the storms are more intense when they blow in out of the east and the barometric pressure changes faster I think.

5. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Confused, when you say east wind is that really a west wind blowing east:confused2: or a east wind blowing west:confused2:.This question has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks.Everytime I watch the weather channnel to see what the wind is doing go down on the river in my boat the dang wind is not blowing in the direction it says it is.:wink:

6. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    This means the wind is coming from the East blowing into the West.

7. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :eek:oooh::smile2:

8. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    An old sage once told me when you have a east wind the best fishin is at captin ds :smile2::smile2:If your after the exotic fish at this perturbing time than try red lobster!:smile2:

9. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    My dad has said this as long as I can remember.And it pretty well holds true. Or at least seems to.