Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to fish on Thursday but with 5' waves on the big water and 1-2' waves behind the islands, fished for 30 minutes and then spent over an hour getting back to the landing. I put it an Rocks Pond. I have heard of people catching them on mud lines with high winds and I commend them for that talent. It's just not worth loosing a boat or a life to me. No fun in a 17' Tracker with that type of wind. I should have gone to the canal and drifted. Will fish again!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks for the report Kelley. The winds can be rough on either lake. Some nice fish can be caught when the wind is howling though if you can deal with the waves. Sometimes that is a tough decision.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I have a 25' pontoon. How would it do in the winds?
Bryan, it depends on how you set up. If you are drifting with good drift socks off the bow, you can probably fish in winds up to 20 or so, if you pick your areas. Roundhill is a good one to ask about that. He has a 24' and can handle some weather that would have me at home drinking coffee....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.