wind direction

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by FishyMike, Jul 14, 2009.

1. FishyMike

FishyMike New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Somewheres in this wonderful forum i was reading on the topic of barometric pressure (new or old site not sure). Someone chimed in with the subject of wind direction, I would like to read on this subject a bit more but for whatever reasons i can no longer find it. Can someone repost topic or point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help.....

2. FishyMike

FishyMike New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Did I post this question in the wrong area. I tried for the general question category.

3. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    No, the right area as far as I'm concerned. I just don't know the answer. All I can tell about wind is that whenever it blows hard I don't catch fish. Direction doesn't matter.

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well i can tell ya not to pee into the wind ,thats a lesson learned quickly lol:wink:

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    the only thing i've ever heard about wind direction was when fishin the ocean," winds from the west the fishin's the best, winds from the east fishin's the least", now i'm not sure if this saying holds true for inshore freshwater or not, but i like to fish with the wind at my back and that would be the west at alot of my good spots on the river:wink:

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Wind will affect where ya find the baitfish. It also comes into play when anchorein. Fishin in the wind is no big deal. JMO.

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I like the wind to blow about 20-25 MPH in the winter when I am fishing the mud flats for big blues. I fish into the wind because it blows the bait in to shore.

8. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Mike when fishing flats it is good to have the wind blowing towards the flat as this should help blow the bait fish onto the flat and the cats will follow the bait fish. Hope that helps.....

9. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The worst is when the wind is blowing up river stronger than the current is blowing down river. Other than that it is just annoying but not a huge deal.

10. joshmorgan

joshmorgan New Member

State:
    columbia, MS
    The saying I always heard was "wind is out the east they bite the least, out the west they bite the best; out the south ya hook em in the mouth; out the north...ya stay in the bed! That's what an older fellow I fish with says, and lived by! U aint even gettin him in a boat if its a north or east wind. Everytime I have cared to notice its been true though.

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Josh.Someone had this on here before,they said the last part was{ from the north,don,t go forth}.

12. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ive heard those sayings since I was a youngster, im a little supersticious, but I dont care which way its blowing, Id rather be fishing.