wind damage

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by smokey869, Sep 17, 2008.

1. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    just wondering if all the brothers came through hurricane ike and its path across the country, was no one injured here that i know of, but we have been out of power since sunday eve and may be monday before its restored, lost 3 trees at my house, none hit the house but one neighbor wasnt so lucky had one fell on the roof and crushed their car, all the people are ok and thats all that matters, all else can be fixed, just wish they would fix my electric lol and the poisen ivy i got cutting up 3 downed trees :confused2:

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Lots of damamge in the Newark Licking county area ... my only damage was to the frame and tarp type covering building that I have over my boat ... got the frame back together ... ordered a new covering ... but it is back ordered until the 3 of Oct. ... so hoping the rain stays away for a couple of more weeks. ..... Glad you and yours came through it okay Smokey ....... Garry-

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Glad to hear it wasn't any worse than it could of been. Good to hear all is well with you, wish I was there to help with the cleanup. Keep the head up and better days to come for you and the other victims of the aftermath..

Note: Calamine lotion for the Poison Ivy!!:wink:

4. fishsticks

fishsticks New Member

State:
    Oxford,Ohio
    finally got electric back yesterday, as far as damage goes just one tree down although the wind blew a good chunk of roofing off of my grandmas barn so prob. be fixing that soon:roll_eyes:

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    we fared well through it,electric was out until 1 pm on monday.

my two youngest hasn't been to school the last couple of days

london got slammed pretty hard.

three of four fuses it takes to run the truckstop i work out blew out at the transformer at the road.they told the manager it would be at least four days til they get it fixed.got a big old generator running the whole place right now.

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    The power here finally came back this past afternoon (Wednesday). Lots of trees down in this part of Columbus but we were very lucky, I feel for all of you who's power is still out and who's properties suffered damage. Godspeed to you (and the power companies working to get it back on.)

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    glad to see you guys are safe just had a day of very heavy rain hear wind dameged some corn fileds and rain flooded some soybean crops but thats nuten compared to what some uthers whent thrue

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    Dayton got hot really hard power still out aeound me got power monday around 5pm. I hope everyone is ok Rick

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Had a monster tree take out the back of the grage in my back yard where the boat is, luckily on the the structure was damaged and nothing inside, or maybe I could have gotten a newer boat???:eek:oooh::smile2:

10. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No damage here other than some branches in the yard.. one neighbor had a bunch of siding tore off, another had a branch come down across the power line feed to his house ripping it off... we're still without power, and it's looking like it's going to be Sunday/Monday before we get any... worst thing is we're on well water, so we have no water either - I've been bringing it in from work...

This was fun for the first couple of hours, but after four days it's gettin' pretty old...

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    The only damage I had was from power surges caused my fridge to go out, got the new one yesterday will be submitting my claim for about 2 grand

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We just got power back , Thursday early am, and most around me ( New Lebanon-Brookville) is still without. I lost 9 trees at my place and 3 of them are broke, but still hanging....so they will take some real careful work to get them down. Im about to go out and chainsaw up another one that is down, got 2 big ones done yesterday and the day before. Luckily no building damage but over 4 days without aeration in my bait tank killed everything, first the bluegills, then the small bass and last were the bullheads...:angry: Now I think Ill ust let it go for the rest of the year too much work to get bait and then use it up.

Salmonid

13. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im at work right now, but still no power or water at home...All my food is thrown out, sucks..But it could always be worse.

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    We did not have any real damage at my home in chillicothe. There werre some down trees and such but nothing real serious that I am aware of. About 30 percent of the town was without power though.

15. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    we finally got power back today (thurs) and phone and internet, its bout time lol, glad to see al the brothers came through ok so far

16. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    Around Dayton there are still spotty outages. In my work I recieve calls from all across the country and the damage was just as bad from S of Louisville KY through Ohio, Michigan and into Ontario Canada on Sunday I have been told. The bite has been terrible since the storm but right before was amazing so they must know something down there in the holes.

17. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i think most of the bad stuff went north of me no damage and i didnt lose my power

18. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Got power last nite about 9:30... lost two freezer's full of food, but other than that no damage.. still no cable, phone or internet tho (doing this from work)...