Wind and sun

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ncfowler, May 6, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    well today was a real trip the wind was blowing pretty good My local lake had swells in the 2' range and white caps i did get out to a branch of the lake where the wind was blocked by trees but all this did was make the wind come form all directions. I took my son out and his friend out for a while i did get some shad at the ramp which made the day a little better, My son got a 4 1/2 lb channel and we got a few smaller ones, but the wind being what it was made it hard to get a good drift on. even with the sun out and the wind made it rather cold but once out of the wind the sun was warm and the day was enjoyable. then when i had to put the boat back on the trailer the wind and swells being pushed into the ramp made trailering a chore, i can at most times i can drive up on the trailer with no problems.

2. alwayslearning

alwayslearning New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    The wind was really blowing today! I would have liked to get out on the water but I knew I would never get my boat back on the trailor if I did:embarassed:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I thought about all the souls that ventured on the water today.
    I figured it was a rough one.

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i went out in the yard and hooked up to my kite on a line counter reel and let her go out 800 ft but never got a bite.:wink:

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    When I was on the boat last night I was listening to the lake wind advisories for today. That was the main reason I stayed out on a lonely misty lake until 2:00am!! Figured it would be awful today!!

6. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Following a good steady spring rain; a windy day and bluebird skies are almost a lock...usually makes for some tough fishing too! A good day to do some tackle crafting.