Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Guess I've never seen it or heard of anyone using it so I looked it up, Winchester Super Handicap. It's # 28 on the burn rate chart.
I use Bullseye #16 and Solo 1000 #20 for my handguns. Super fast so I use less powder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guess I've never seen it or heard of anyone using it so I looked it up, Winchester Super Handicap. It's # 28 on the burn rate chart.
I use Bullseye #16 and Solo 1000 #20 for my handguns. Super fast so I use less powder.
For pistols, Bullseye makes a great load for target plinking with wadcutters because much less is needed making the loads cheaper. For power loads, I have always used Unique powder which will produce screaming velocities for hollow point and ball bullets. This is for wheel guns! Autoloaders are a different story and need careful adherence to recommended charge and bullets for the specific pistol.

Back when I was loading for .38/.357 revolvers, I would work slowly up the scale with Unique with powder weight until I got just a hijnt of extrusion of the primer base around the firing pin. Then I would back off just a hair until the ridging around the firing pin dimple just went away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts