Winchester kentucky trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by kybunniebuster, Feb 15, 2006.

1. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    i went fishing at the local lake water temp was 42* was a little windy located several fish in deep water around 45 to 50 feet deep but had a dry run didnt have a single hit had some fun anyway here is a few pics of the lake the pic of the dam where we was fishing was in 48 feet of water the fish finder showed some fish just off the bottom where we catch some nice cats in this spot but just couldnt get a bite today for some reason i hope someone had a good trip today

Attached Files:

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man just looking at them pics of the lake makes me want to go fishing. I wanted to today since it was so nice out, but will get out tomorrow. Will most likely hit up a small pond for a fat channel. I hope.

3. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I'm impressed that you were able to get that close to a dam. Most times they are roped/guarded to prevent accidental breeches from being run into. Unless of course you were bank fishing.....

Makes me want to get out and fish. If it's not one thing, it's another preventing that from happening. Good luck on your next trip.

Ray

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Kenny, I've been having that same problem this year (5 trips)! I've been able to mark fish, but can't get them to bite. Haven't been able to figure out what's wrong. So I'm just going to a different lake next time. Maybe won't change my luck, but I'll have different scenery to look at. :)

5. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    rainman its a private lake owned by the water company but leased to a hunting and fishing club a friend is a member its really great fishing has alot of bass in it (you cant keep any bass of any size) and some great catfish (limit 3 per person) doesnt get alot of catfishing pressure but the fish just aint hitting right now for some reason

6. Hazmat

Hazmat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well, at least ya got out. Up here (Iowa) the ponds just locked back up with ice due to a massive cold spell (60's week ago today, never got above 10 F this past weekend) and it's still only 30 F today. River's are full of ice, gotta wait a bit, yet.