Wilson Dam (tailrace) In Alabama.

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by UpperBearFishin, May 11, 2009.

1. UpperBearFishin

UpperBearFishin New Member

State:
    Alabama
    We went fishing below Wilson Dam on Saturday (may 9) and they had the flood gates open so there was a ton of Water..They had the campgrounds closed at the Rock Pile and the pier was also under water there at the boat ramp..McFarland was also flooded of course..Anyway, The catfish was on fire, we saw everybody catching cats on Sat, from the bank and in boats.....We ended up with around 70 lb with the biggest one being a 29 lb monster!!! That was a fight!!! Anyway, there wasnt many boats out there I guess because of the flooding and muddy water but the catfisherman missed a great day!!!! Can't wait to try it again!!!!

2. KATFISH J.

KATFISH J. New Member

State:
    CALIFORNIA
    Thanks for the report Jeremy, way to go on the cats........Look forward to reading more from your trips.......

3. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Was over there Sunday doing the Mother's Day thing. Water had already gone down and only a couple of spillways open. Was thinking how good it looked for fishing. Thanks for the report.

4. UpperBearFishin

UpperBearFishin New Member

State:
    Alabama

Yeah I figured it had went down on Sunday...But Sat evening it had started dropping alittle and the bite slowed down alot so I don't know how good the fishing would have been on Sunday..We are going back on Sat morn and they are calling for more rain so I'll let ya'll know how it goes....