Wills Creek

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by BassMassey, Aug 25, 2005.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    whats up ohio catfisherman.......lets talk about some will creek.......ive never actually fished there, but am very interested in hitting the spillway as soon as i can get back to ohio.....im very familiar with dillon spillway and would just like some good info on wills creek.....ive heard good stuff about it............does anyone know about how far wills creek is from Newark??...........does anyone prefer dillon spillway over wills creek??

2. BigKatWilly

BigKatWilly New Member

State:
    Mansfield Ohio
    Hay Bass, I have done alittle fishin down at Wills Creek. When you go be sure to stop at the Wills Creek General Store and ask them what and where people have been getting fish at. It is a good place to start. The biggest fish I have got out of there were flaty's in the 10 to 12 lb range. Lots of good eatin size channel cats if you like to eat em. The store has some pictures of some fish out of there that are well worth the trip. Check it out Bro! Good Luck!

Fish On
    BKW :D

3. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    yeah it seems like a good spot........a lil more specific though im interested in the spillway.....since i dont have a boat i dont just like going to a lake im unfamiliar with and fishing off the bank, not very interested in channel cats either unless im just casual fishing....another question: is it called wills creek resovoir or is it salt fork? or are they two completley different body of waters??

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    The spot you are looking for is called Wills Creek Dam and is located approx 40 mile from Newark. 16 east to 83 south, follow the signs to the wills creek store although i prefer bait from 83 south bait shop. They built access to the spillway through a joint effort with ODNR and the Coshocton County Sportsmen Assoc. That gets you access to the back side. The best Shovel head fishing is off the spillway on the road side although getting them in you have to work them across the spillway, or yourself rather. You can also walk down, there is a trail about 200 yards downstream and walk up as close as you can. Right next to the highwall is where you want to fish. Heads and tails above Dillon. Absolutely no comparison.

5. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    really, its that much better then dillon? ive had great luck at dillon....im currently down in ga and need to get back to do some fishing, i havent seen a big ol flat head since i moved down here.......so unless i gotta drop net i probally wanna make the walk down low..?? and i wanna be on the roadside.......sounds good......as soon as i get back home im gonna check it out..........probally not atleast until next summer.....how do goldfish and carp do there? thanks for all the info, when i get back u oughta meet me out there sometime??