Willow Island

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Myk88, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Myk88

Myk88 New Member

State:
    SE Ohio
    Anyone here know if there's public fishing access on the WVA side of the willow island dam on the OH river?

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    What cities is Willow near?

3. Myk88

Myk88 New Member

State:
    SE Ohio
    Willow island is between Marietta and Newport Ohio.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im not for sure on that one, if i remember right there is a road that runs directly across from there on the wv side. i fish the ohio side at willow island some, but usually go on down to st. marys and put in and fish down from there... sorry i cant't help u much bro.. let me do alittle talking and see if i can find out for you...rollo

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I thought so! I don't know if its public ,but there is a ramp on the WV side straight across from the mouth of the Muskingum at Marrietta. It is 100 yrds south of the bridge. 300yds south of the island. I know it is shallow on the WV side of the Island. I'm talking 2 to 3 ft ( In the OHIO freaking river). We didn't go past the ramp though. On the Ohio side its 15 to 25ft all along the bank, south of the Muskingum river mouth. I know this doesnt help you much, but come over on the Ohio side and fish the mouth, there is a park you can get right down to the bank I hear. I have always been in a boat, but I can see folks fishing the north side of the Muskingum. Hope this helps.

6. Myk88

Myk88 New Member

State:
    SE Ohio
    I have fished the mouth of the Muskingum once, but didn't have much luck at it. I was referring to willow island locks and dam though.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know where you mean bro.. do you ever saugeye fish there in the winter? i was wondering if they were catching any down there now?. rollo

8. Myk88

Myk88 New Member

State:
    SE Ohio
    Rollo, I haven't fished saugeye at all. I have caught a lot of sauger at my catfish spot. Do saugeye like current?

9. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
  10. Myk88

Myk88 New Member

State:
    SE Ohio
    Thanks man. That also reminded me of terraserver.com, which gives me sattelite photos of the area. Try it out sometime.

11. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Hey Skip...The boat ramp you're speaking of is a public ramp at Williamstown WV. The Ohio river between the island, (Marietta Island) and WV certainly is not 2 or 3 ft deep, unless you're right up against the banks!! There is plenty of water, up to 18 foot depths, the entire length of the island.