willow island lock

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by getthenet, Dec 27, 2007.

1. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    has anyone been to willow island lock recently i use to catch big skipjack there but have not been down there in a good while. i love catching them .i fished with jim moyer in tennessee 5 times and that was really alot of fun. thinking about taking a trip down there just to fish skippys.

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Jimmy, how did your trips with Mr. Moyer pan out? I have read about him numerous times and would give a left one to fish with him LOL. Can you impart any choice nuggets of wisdom you gleaned on these trips.

3. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    man he taught me so much about bluecat fishing. if i had a boat i would be fishing the cumberland river every weekend. it was so much fun everytime i fished with him.i stayed at his house with him we would fish daylight till dark then on the way home we would stop at the catfish house for supper.my biggest fish with him was a 52lb blue in 45ft of water. i still remember every moment i spent with him.i remember one day we were fishing and it was almost dark and this dog was out in the middle of the river we got the dog in the boat he gulped down all the skipjack we had so we put the boat on the trailor and stopped at the busy bee tackle shop gas station we was there 2 hours jim didnt leave till he found that dog a home and he did.i could go on and on about jim. he started the catfishing for blues in the cold water now look at all the people guideing for cold water blues.whst a great person he is.

jim white

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Sounds like you met a good guide, and a good person. Thanks Jim.