Willow cat = Nice Channel Cat

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by Johnny316, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Johnny316

Johnny316 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Was sitting there trying to catch some cats using nightcrawlers. Nothing was biting and than I caught this 5 inch willow cat that I hate catching because I always believed if you starting catching them your day was over because I have never caught a channel cat after I caught one of those. So I said what the heck I'll use it for bait. I cut off its tail and head and threw on my hook. I was thinking I'm not catching anything anyways. Ten minutes later Bam a huge strike it felt like I was pulling in a log. What you know it was a 18.13 Channel Cat. My biggest befor that was 15 pounds useing skipjack. Now I have a new bait to use.

John Parkson

2. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    what exactly is a willow cat?
    another name for a bullhead?

3. Johnny316

Johnny316 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    No its not a bullhead. The other name for them is a stone cat. It is a a little light brown cat. I have never seen on bigger than a foot long.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    18# plus is a very nice Channel Cat, congrats!!

:thumbsup:

5. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    That's a excellent channel you got there. :thumbsup:

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    That is an awesome channel cat! I am dreaming about getting onto one that big, but they are not too common around here.

7. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Wylie cat ride down the road a little ways and fish lake Greenwood and it might just happen my buddy just caught one just over 20lbs there.