Williamsport/ Jersey Shore area of Pennsylvania?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by buddah, May 22, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I need a fisherman freind in the area to chat about the great fishin in my area. Anyone nearby?

2. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    I grew up in Williamsport and lived there for almost 20 years. Some good catfishing all around on the river and area lakes.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I hear the "cannon hole" behind the Montoursville airport is prime muskie/pike fishing and behind the F&S lumber mill on 220 is a trophy catfish spot. Maybe i'll check em' out!

4. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    Yup, the cannon hole is a real good spot, especially for musky. Don't forget just downstream from the dam at Hepburn Street. Although you can't get to it now, the Williamsport side of the river at the dam gave up a lot of big channel cats over the years. (At least the last time I was up to visit my parents in Wmspt, they had the Wmspt side of the dam blocked off).

If you want a lot of fun and don't mind catching a ton of bullheads, the "gut" at the Arch St bridge on the S Wmspt side of the river is good for a ton of night fishing fun for bullheads.

Rose Valley Lake has some good catfishing as does Sayers.

Tim

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I was gonna go there thismorning but my ride was ill so no-go. I tried to change my avatar to comply but thats the best I could do. If anyone can take my profile picture and resize it for me, I would be most grateful! Thanks!

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Wowee....I did indeed catch a boatload of bullheads down at the gut! I even caught one on an Arbogast topwater cicada!! Cant wait to try the cannon hole! better dig out the big ol' muskie rod and respool it! Great info and thanks a million!!

7. trackeryak

trackeryak New Member

State:
    Mechanicsburg PA
    Glad you had fun! The gut can be a good time for sure.