Williamsport area flathead catfish??

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Davidsed505, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Davidsed505

Davidsed505 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hello all,
    Was wondering if anyone knew of or has caught any flatheads around Williamsport. Will be going to the Little League World Series in Aug and camping on the river. I know they got channels. I've heard the Susquehanna has flatheads down around Sunbury, about 45 min from Williamsport.

2. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    little far from me but i think theres some members up that way I would say the flatheads are in there.Good Luck bro

3. Davidsed505

Davidsed505 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm goin up with a buddy of mine, best friend from high school. We started fishin together when we were 15. He's never caught a flathead before, and I hope we can find us at least one up there. How far from Williamsport are ya?

4. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Im about 4hrs from there right on the ohio river north of pittsburgh

5. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    According to Ken of southside bait & tackle there have been a few flatheads taken from the tailrace of the fabridam in sunberry.However they are still very scarce.The best strech of river for flatheads is between York haven and safe harbor dams.I live right around three mile island and used to fish above the dam alot I never caught even 1 flathead.So,I hate to say it but your chances for a flathead are very slim around Williumsport.Lately fishing has been extraordinary for me.Almost all flatheads at york haven.just tied my best the other weekend at 18.5# 341/2".

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I'm from around Jersey Shore, About 16 mi. from Williamsport. The fishing right now is terrible! The Heat has em holding fast. There are a few good places though. Try the Arch St. Bridge clear down to to the maynard st. Bridge is great catfishing! No Flatheads though only channels and bullheads. use liver or nightcrawlers. If you feel like driving a bit, Go to Pine Creek Dam.
    Welcome to B.O.C.!

7. Catfish Killer

Catfish Killer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    My buddy and I have caught over 100 flatheads this spring and summer south of York Haven. We have fished Goldsboro the Turnpike bridge in Middletown the tail race of Dockstreet Dam and Fort Hunter several times now with no success. We herd rummers there where Flat Heads being caught in these places but to be honest about 90% of people out there don't know the difference between a Bullhead, Flathead, and a Channel which takes me to my next thought. People are killing Channels by the dozens in York Haven and I am sure other places also because they think they are Flat Heads. I have seen it first hand twice now. Telling people to kill the Flat Heads was stupid of the fish commission. I took some of the pictures you see here in to a local bate shop and the owner as well as his buddy tried to tell me they where Channel cats that had turned brown for the muddy waters of the flood. This is going to turn out to be a disaster for the Channel Cats of the river because people don't know the difference and are doing more damage then the Flat Heads. As far as Flat Heads being in Williamsport, they my be in very small numbers but In a few years they will probably have a strong hold there also. Good luck to you and if you get a chance head on down to York Haven.