Williams Dam??

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by kyleco55, Oct 5, 2008.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    Hey just got home from fishing chevy rock dam with ThaWstSide.. had a good time, but fishing was pretty slow... A few weeks ago, my uncle ( who mainly carp fishes these days) had mentioned trrying out Williams Dam... He said he goes there alot to catch big carp, and knows that the river holds big cats there as well... Im new to river fishing, just wanted to know if anyone out there fishes this area?? Is it worth a drive from indy, to come check out??

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The Dam is Huge for the White River.. I have fished it many time but have never caught anything over 10 pounds.. There is a wall on the oppisite side of the catwalk that i have seen a few monsters pulled from... I personally think it gets fished way to much.. I havent caugfht anything over 10 pounds there but all them guys love seeting on that catwalk and catch carp and Bowfin

3. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man, have you seen a semi desent "bank" fishing spot that AIN'T fished way too much? Those places remind me of paylakes where people darn near fish elbow to elbow. I don't see how you guys can stand that. And right now you guys are beatin' your brains out fishing empty holes at the chevy dam and places like that.

4. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    You aren't kidding. I really have no faith in that dam, even as much as it's talked about. And with them finding a body somewhere between 10th and 16th you aren't going to see me fishing that log jam either. The White has just been a letdown around here.

5. Flattiestalker

Flattiestalker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They found a BODY? lol, I never heard that! Thats why I stay away from the big city. Around here, rednecks'll shoot at ya, but it's just to see how fast they can make you row your boat up river:smile2:

6. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, some woman, somewhere between 20 and 40. The few parts of the river around here that may have potential are always in dangerous places, especially being restricted to bank like I am.

7. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Yea, I heard about the body. I will wait a couple days for that situation to ease up and I am fishing that logjam. It is close to work and home for me, beats driving 60 miles for a bluegill fishoff...

8. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Dead Body.. Whos cares... I was fishing those tressels last year when the marshalls came down and started digging up that woman there between the 16th st dam and the tressells .. i would have kept fishing if they wouldnt have told me to leave.... I might go to the 16th st dam tues. i dont know what i would do if I found a dead body... I'd prolly poke it with a stick... Man am I Twisted...

9. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I agree with ya Shane, I know I didnt do it so I have nothing to worry about... <whispering> I told her she shouldnt have touched my fishing pole... <j/k> lol

Yea, I would probably poke it with a stick too unless it was really bloated... Wouldnt wanna burst it and smell it, and see ooze running out of it! The ooze might kill the fish, and we dont need the flatties dying on us!

16th St. Dam huh?, hmmm maybe I will stand on the levee and shout at ya since I work right by it!

10. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't care about finding a body, I'm pretty disturbed myself. I just don't want to turn into one! lol . :eek:oooh:

11. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Travis, I hear what you are saying. But honestly, if they are dumb enough to mess with a big guy with plenty of weapons at his disposal they arent very smart.

I have always worried about hooking into a body fishing in the river, I would be so bummed to think I caught a massive fish only to surface a body!.

12. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Yeahh, then all the sudden you get a bullet in the back of your head out of nowhere. lol "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight."

13. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    I aint worried about any of them people, I havent before, and most likely wont start now.

So, we gonna fish your creek this week Travis?

14. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis

I'm thinking sometime this week. I wanna grab a small channel for grub and see if there isn't a flatty somewhere in there. The one time I used a 'gill I caught a 5lb smallie.

15. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Lets go... I will bring a couple smaller poles. Have a little bit of a fight for some fun!

16. kyleco55

State:
    Central In

what time you going shane?? my cell number is 317 474 0847...give me a call! ill meet you down there.. ill be driving the ole ladys car, so cant get off the road too far if its like the acess at the chevy plant

17. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    P.S. Ive got a real nice 5 ft stick I can bring.. haha

18. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    im not sure.. I would want to be there by 6:30....

19. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    well just give me a call... im not really familiar with that area, ill have to look up directions... i could make it by 6 definately though..

20. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    that would be fine... i dont much like fishing that area alone but I do it far to often