William Sipes (Riverrat)

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by 3dukmn, Jul 10, 2007.

1. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey -
    When I used to get n here a lot, there was a great guy here named William Sipes. Whatever came of that guy. I see he hasn't posted in forever.

Is he still around, or is he gone? Anyone know?

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    There was an Andy Sipes (Rat) that used to post in the IL section quite a bit.. Taint seen him in quite a while though... His last login was 03-21-2007 10:25 AM

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    RiverRat was a new mod on here when I joined. He provided many years of great catfishing info and spent many hours moderating this place. I met him once at the first Gathering, at Lake Dardenelle in Arkansas. The highlight of the weekend was when he saw a a boat sink and swam out to help rescue the folks that had been aboard. We sat around a campfire one night, and it was daylight before we called an end to the chat. I miss his posts and wish he would visit more often. However, I do understand. Every now an then, it is healthy to get back to the real world of day to day life. If not, we may become too dependent on the internet and forget how to get by without it. He knows he has friends here. That is why he returns now and then.

4. 3dukmn

3dukmn New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can understand that for sure...I'd been away for a couple years myself. Same deal - after a while, a fella talks on the internet, but never gets anything done with all that talk. I had to slow down a bit and get to doing instead of talkin.

I remember the early days as well. RiverRat was a real nice guy. Even sent me a SUPER cool cattin video with a TON of stuff on it! I never got to meet him, but always enjoys shootin the bull with him. Great guy. Im just glad to hear nothing bad happened since he has been absent for so long. He was so into it back then that I thought he'd be here forever.

I also remember the days when you were talking about buying your boat too Kutter. That was a while ago too.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice to have ya posting again man. Welcome back.