wILLIAM HUSKE

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by BIGFLAT, Jul 28, 2009.

1. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    Hows the fishing compared to riverside and are there any hidden dangers
    I should be aware of ?

2. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    I've always had better luck down that way then up here at the Fayetteville stretch. O'Huske and Regalwood. Theres a couple people I've talked to that say there is good fishing up here. The Flattie in my avatar was at O'Huske. The only thing you really need to watch is from the ramp all the way to the sandbar that comes out to the river which you will see is very shallow until you get passed it. Hope you catch some bigguns!!!! :0a23::0a22:

3. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    thanks for the info mako going to try saturday night, the fishing at riverside just seems to have got really slow, last friday night had an eel
    live for 12 hrs, it never even got jerky and excited but did catch one
    20 pd flathead at 4:00 am with live bream and thats it

4. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    well........below #3 is a good choice but cant say which one is best........both state record flat heads were caught above the dam! one problem most people have as tomkat and i showed mako........you gotta get out of those high traffic areas on the weekend! if you put in at river side you need to go atleast past monsanto before you even start trying! the water gets deeper the closer you get to the dam.....makes for some cooler water! i still believe the next record flattie will come from above the dam! the shockers cant run up there! try fishing stumpy flats on straight aways and creeks any where!........hidden dangers...........lol.............you cant see 4 inches under water.........theres plenty hidden! dont fly unless you have a death wish!:0a26:

5. BIGFLAT

BIGFLAT Member

State:
    Broadway NC
    thanks for info reaper, we fished below the drainage pipe I guess maybe
    its the water plant down to beaver creek, maybe I"ll go down river more
    and give it a try. Also intended on fishing the stretch on the right past 95
    bridge with the "weeping wall" on our way out, but the fog lifted and the
    sun came on strong but another weekend is coming:big_smile:

6. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    good luck with your next trip.......be sure to let me know how you do!...........:wink:

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard to the BOC Kevin an good luck fishing!

8. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    actually........i think the best part is from where the haw and the deep meet all the way to the battleship! no particular part.............they all are good at times! the more you fish them! the better they get............the more you go the more you catch...........the more you catch the bigger they get!:cool2:

9. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    :smile2:........the other weekend...........tom and i didnt get a bit until 4:20 am............by 4:35........had 3 in the boat..............a post we never really fished.............:smile2:and we done it from the bank...........

10. Wudce

Wudce New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Only had 5 hrs to burn today and not a nibble:angry: try ever dang bait I could think of even some different lures. I be happy right now catching some bream:smile2:

11. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Did You use Live eel???? Yea fishing is funny we can go to the perfect hole and not catch a thing or we can just drop anchor in the middle of the river and throw iin some lines and catch a 14lb blue....funny how that works...

12. Wudce

Wudce New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Had no eels in fact I never fish with them:embarassed: maybe I should give them a try:cool2:

13. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    What no eels??? Best bait out there if ya ask me and alot of others I know....Try it out....

14. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    dude......you gotta use the eels!

15. Wudce

Wudce New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Use eels before but not for fresh water. Would have stop at the bait store but not open yet I'm always on the water by 8am:wink:

16. Wudce

Wudce New Member

State:
    Fayetteville NC
    Mako could not send private yet but yea In see that now on his web page good to know:wink: