Will work for gas money!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Apr 27, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    OK, I should get me a sign that i'll wear on the street corner that says, "will work for gas money". Exxon/mobile reports first quarter profits of 8.4 billion dollars, gee i'm so glad for those folks.:mad:

2. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nah should make a magnetic one that says I work for Exxon and put it on the back of all the people that you don't like. Opps did I say that out loud.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
  4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Ethanol at home..... you mean like running a still? Isn't that illegal..... mmmmmm moonshine. That sounds like it could be just a little dangerous, I would try it but my wife would lay the smack down :beated: if I tried something like that. If we could only figure out how to harness "stupid" as an energy source...... that would be a never-ending supply of energy, just look at some of the jokers in charge of this great nation!

TA2D

Aaron

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    We almost went to jail for a set up like that once....LOL

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

Yeah, and look at some of the boaters on the lakes and rivers, heck, we'd be GOOD 2 GO!!!

:boss:

7. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I just know there is a great story here!

8. dcmust

dcmust New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have a truck that runs on diesel and I have been hearing about people making it at home. They call it biodiesel.

9. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    I used to get it by the jug did not want to use it in your ride mite melt some O rings it the fuel delivery on the injecters or burn a hole in the piston take care when handling

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ide try it. sick of being robbed at the pump. i hears that news today as well. maks ya sick. also heard 1 of every 1000 coustomers drives off too. wonder why.

11. dixiedrifter

dixiedrifter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    $3.00 dino-diesel is the magic number to make biodiesel and $3.50 gas for ethanol.

Biodiesel is cheap and anyone can make it with a minimum investment. All it takes is some used cooking oil with a low free fatty acid content, some sodium or potassium caustic/lye and methanol. Test, mix, seperate glycerin, wash, dry. Boom you got it... its really easy but takes time. I have a 55 gallon reactor sitting out in my shed ready to go whenever I need biodiesel for my tractor.

Ethanol on the other hand is a bit trickier, especially if your starting from grain. It has to be ground up to the right consistancy, enzymes added to break down the starch into sugars the yeast can digest, filtered off and distilled. Its pretty complicated stuff and the hardest part is building a decent reflux column to achieve the highest possible alcohol content per run and yet be efficiant so all your money doesn't get wasted on excess heating energy.

12. jamesnewsom

jamesnewsom New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I know that something needs to be done about the prices. It gets expensive quick filling up the truck and boat both to go on a fishing trip. I am paying 3.25 a gallon now where I live and that is just crazy.

13. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I'm lovin it, we are at $2.65 this mornin