Will Tiger Rods fit in Drift Master Rod Holders?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by special liberty, Feb 18, 2007.

1. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I'm about to buy myself two 7', M/H Tiger Rods for my birthday. I have noticed they have larger than normal handles ( bigger around). Does anybody know from personal experience wether Tiger Rods will fit in Drift Master Rod Holders? Secondly - I normally fish for 20-30 lbs blues using circle hooks; would I be better off with a Medium or Medium/Heavy rod? I don't want to take ALL the fun out of the more frequently caught 15 lbs fish.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    My Big Cats have pretty good sized handles, and I don't have any problem with them.

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I have six tiger rods and they fit fine in my driftmasters. Now as far as preference on the type of action the med 20-50 pound tigers, I believe are the best choice for most applications and will land any size fish. Heck there made to land 200+pound tuna. The only reason I believe you would want a med heavy tiger would be if you fished in really heavy current.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Tawn, I'm not certain. I use the driftmaster l'll pro duos, and a couple of pro duos, and I've had no problem so fat getting any rod that I've used into them. If you have any doubts, you can give the folks at Blackriver Tools a call and I'm sure they can answer that for you.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Good question. I found out the hard way that they do not fit into Cabela's Quick Draw's.

6. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have 4 tiger rods in the BWC2201 model and 2 BWC2202 models. They do fit in the driftmaster and the scotty rod holders.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have two Ugly Stik Tiger rods and yes they fit just fine. Actually they fit better than the skinny handled rods.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with this post. They fit just fine.:0a27: :0a26: :0a18:

9. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I was fishing with another guy and caught a 15lb blue using a M/H Tiger and it felt really good. Never felt like I was overpowering the fish too much. They have a solid backbone, but the tips are pretty sensitive, so you still get good response from the rod. I then went out and bought 5 M/H Tigers, it's my rod of choice.

You never know when you might get that monster of a lifetime, so it's good to have the backbone in the rod to bring it in!

10. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I go with the medium just because with circle hooks, the pole has to set the hook so you don't want too stiff of a rod or it won't do the job!

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That is exactly how I first got introduced to them and why I now have 6 of them.

12. ohiorivercat

ohiorivercat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i just switched to driftmaster because they will hold a big handle that alot of other brands will not....i went with the 1/2 dia. holders. they seem to hold a very large handle