Will this work???

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by splitshot, May 4, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I chopped up some perch,suckers, and chicken livers added some garlic, and blended it all together, added a little water then poured it into a one gal. milk jug. After letting it ripen three days i froze the container. My plan is to tie a line on the handle, poke holes in the jug while its frozen and toss it above my honey hole. My question is this---should i let it partially un freeze before i put it in the water? The water is still pretty cold, and it will only be in the water four hrs. before i start fishing. I will be fishing in a lake with a mild current. what do ya think?? Will that be enough time to attract some cats? Thanks.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Steve ,you might have a new twist on things. but Im sure it will work ,sort timed release good luck .

3. Rhinospawn

Rhinospawn New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    it wouldn't hurt to let it thaw some but you have it down. I fish this same way but I hang it out the end of my boat.

another way I do it is put my rope into the mix before I freeze it and then just pull it out of the bucket and tie it to the rear and it just melt off andf falls in the current.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i would let it thaw just a little bit, just enough so that you have a little in the bottom of the jug before you submere it. that way there will be instataneous scent trail going back to your spot. if it were going to be there longer then i would say keep it frozen, but if its only going to be there 4 hours then i would let a little bit thaw. i sounds like it will work rather well though. let us know after you test it out.

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Thanks guys im gonna try it mon. or tues. Im hoping it thaws slowly and leaves a good sent trail.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree about letting it thaw out some first. I think it sounds like a good idea to me. Let us know how it works!!!