will this be ok for big blue catfish and flathead catfish from shore?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by foreverman, Nov 10, 2008.

1. foreverman

foreverman New Member

State:
    va
    Ok everyone has wired little things that have to be set right (clean towels,fresh line,sharp knives,ect) mine are fresh line and all my rods have to be the same for the same fish. And now i have a shimano cardiff cuz i got it for a great deal. And so i want a rod but i have another thing where i can not use any brand rod/reel aside from shimano,daiwa,quantum,penn,avet,pfluger,allstar,gloomis,saint croix,ect so what this boils down to is I will not buy a ugly stick or what most of you guys use and i want a rod so Will a shimano cardiff and quantum blue runner med/heavy 10-25 line '7 foot 50lb power pro work for big blues and flatheads from shore?

2. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    SURE, but it sounds like you need Mr Monk as a fishing partner :wink::smile2:

3. foreverman

foreverman New Member

State:
    va
    Yes my brother likes that show. Only somethings my house it dirty all the time. I have that with rigs,line,rods/reels my fish tanks always have t6 have water up t6 the top.

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: You have 3 threads asking the same ?.

You Said
    all my rods have to be the same for the same fish. :eek:oooh:

If that is true .Do you fish for catfish?
    If YES and that is True, You have your answer already..IMHO:wink:

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    great post kenny you conused me as mutch as the question weird the asked who guy:tounge_out: ah well:confused2::confused2:

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think that your set-up will work just fine for Flatheads and Blues. There are many of us who have our own little quirks that we do when preparing for fishing trips or aquiring our catfish arsenals. A few of mine are the following:.....Everytime I go Flathead Fishing.....I must have Live Bluegills. All my rods are Med/ Heavy and 8', 9', 10',....All reels hold brand new line in 20# or, no line older than 6 months and having been checked for frays from the hook back onto the reel for about 30 yards. All my reels are big and hold at least 300-500 yards of line. All hooks must be new or checked and sharpened and must be a 9/0 King Kahle. All leaders and 3-way swivel rigs are inspected and most of the time they are totally re-done with new line and swivels and hooks. I must have 4 of my heavy duty bank rod holders and every one is placed about 15 yards apart making them all watchable form a distance in my folding chair. Each rod must have a 8" glo-stick attached to the end. I fish every tuesday night all night long and into the mid-day of wednesday with some of my freinds and BOC brothers. When I fish for Bluecats, I must have fresh Bluegill heads or fresh cut skipjack. I could go on and on about my OCD. Does this sound weird to anyone or are there more of us out there ?................:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2:

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

Nope,,Its not weird, because I do it too.:wink:

8. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    You guys make Monk look normal.lol

9. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Thank God I am not the only one who is OCD! Somebody ought to convince my wife there are others just like me!:smile2:

10. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Good luck Sparky.

11. wpg_catfisher

wpg_catfisher New Member

State:
    manitoba
    hey i have the blue runner inshore rod with the same rating its a nice rod but i wouldnt use more than 30lb line unless you want the bigger dia for abrasion. tossing anything over 3oz with it isnt too easy either. i have cought plenty of channel cats upto 38" on it but be prepared for a good fight