Will the rivers ever fall ?!!

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by buddyodie, May 13, 2009.

1. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    I spent all of Feb. and Mar. working on and rigging the boat. I have respooled and lubed all my reels. I have cleaned out and organized my old tackle bag. I have poured at least 15 lbs. of lead into sinkers and the waters still high. Can't even see the top of any of the ramps. Meanwhile, I have spent money on two new spinning outfits and two new bait casting rigs. I don't even use spinning gear, but if the rivers ever start to fall, I may give them a go. Last week a new anchor winch. Thinking about a trip to Bass Pro this weekend. IF I DON"T GET IN THE RIVER, ( Il. or Miss.) soon ---I'M GONNA GO BROKE !

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    One thing for sure, it is not going to be any time soon, after tonight and the rest of the week........LOL.

3. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    alton pool on the ole miss is actually at summer pool right now, wiil rise again 5'or6' in next three days, hell ive had no problems getting in the water. portage hot water dischare has been doing pretty good.

4. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    "If I don't get out on the river, I'm gonna go broke" That's hallarius!! I had that problem with my Harley a couple of winters ago. Chrome became addictive. Had to sell that bike, there was no way out. But with hunderds of hours of counesling, and a support group, I'm a little better.( just kiddin'). Kankakee river has been high forever, too. I just keep telling myself to be patient, and visit the local boat shops. I just leave my debit card at home. .... can't rain forever, right? See ya on the water.

5. USNTWEEK

USNTWEEK New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just had more rain last night. doesnt look to be getting better any time soon at this rate.

6. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    LOL, no kidding. I test drove a vehicle to one of our parks today. Theere were picnic tables and benches floating around. I hate to see what they're gonna look down south in a few days.

7. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thanks Daniel, Haven't been down that way for a while, On vacation next week might have to pull my boat down that way.

8. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    alton pool is going to crest at 29' wensday and drop back to below flood next tuesday, which is 21'. good luck

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Does that also include ALL the H2O that is going to come down from the flooded Illinois ;) Ya would think that after Last Spring and this one there couldn't be many trees let to wash out, LOL

10. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Hell Randy, I think the rivers produce there own timber. Were it comes from I have not a clue. :wink:

11. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    from all the info i can find, above alton
    will be good to go by next tuesday, below alton will remain backed up for a couple of more weeks, it always does. that dam missouri river. lol. but for me when it is backed up and not running its but off, the fishing is good for me.

12. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I just had a sales rep stop in and said the radio is reporting catfish swimming in the park. I wonder if there using the sliding boards..LOL