Will the price of gas affect your holiday plans?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KansasKatter, May 25, 2007.

Is the price of Gas going to change your plans for Mem. Weekend?

1. Yes, I changed plans

2. No, Going through with plans no matter what the price.

3. Did not have any plans anyway.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I keep hearing about how the price of gas is not deterring people from travel plans this weekend. So I ask you folks: Is the price of gas going to have any say on your plans this Memorial Day Weekend?

2. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I don't have plans to go out of town this weekend so it doesn't affect me at all but if I was going out of town I think I'd just pay the extra cash and go

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I have no life, lol.

Will be Canoeing all day tomorrow with wife and Madison more then likely. Will take poles to catch some channels on the way down the river.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Yes Yes and Yes,

I was planning on going a little farther to fish but will stick closer to home or not go at all.

5. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    price has been to hight to make plans

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Haven't any plans anyways. Gonna sit at home, swill, amd watch people beat the crap out of each other. Oh, and I have to work all weekend. High gas prices may effect my hopes of going fishing Monday though. does that count?

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Yes I was looking to fish in VA this weekend but with 700lbs of lead showing up today. I will now fish my tournament tomorrow and head back home. Monday will be a no roll sinker day

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I normaly leave the water to the nuts on holiday weekends and try to go a few days after.

9. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    All the rain and the flooding rivers are affecting me more than the gas prices!

10. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    The answer is no it won't affect my plans for the week end because Iam not going anywhere
    But it does bother me that we as Americans can't do anything about it.
    High gas prices = high cost of everything.
    I would be willing to sit at home and not drive and let the big oil producers eat their oil. I'll bet once they got a taste of their on medicine prices would drop!!!
    I think we are being controlled by them!
    Oh!now you got me going!:eek:oooh:

11. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    It's not changing my plans for the weekend but it's getting so bad around here that today I stopped and told the clerk that I needed $5 worth of gas so she farted and handed me a receipt:lol:.

12. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    YES,:angry: im gonna get me a horse.......gonna need some help with the boat hitch though.:big_smile:

13. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    No plans, just stay home and watch the boaters. If we had planned to go somewheres we would have went. :big_smile:

14. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    no major plans anyway, but being pigheaded as i am, i would go anyway.

15. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    im going to work all weekend and monday too so in a sense it isnt going
    to cause me to have to change plans .
    it does however suck knowing that i am going to pay more to fill up for work just because the so called price of demand is reflected at the pumps.
    i guess i should be thankful to have a side job to make ends meet.
    the way everything is going up though i feel like have took a pay cut.
    everything from groceries to utilities are jacking up the prices and
    my pay stays the same .
    its getting old.

16. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I can't say that I like the high fuel costs any more than the next person.

I have made plans a year in advance to attend the Keystone gathering, and I'm going no matter what the price I have to pay for gas.

I'm really hoping that fuel costs go down some before my trip, but I doubt it...

17. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I think these gas prices are effecting everything. They need to do something about it, it is rediculous to have to pay that much for gas. Whats the point in working if you have to spend 1/2 of your paycheck to even get to work..LOL....It also has had am impact on my tournaments i think. It is 3.49 here in Ohio were I am at.

18. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Just a hunch but I bet if enuff people decided to stay in thier own local or travel via transit such as train or Greyhound for the 4th of July weekend gas prices would take a quick plunge.

19. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    I think it would be a good for people to drive less. For one the less consumption would drive down the prices a little. And secondly less time in the car is more time on the couch:big_smile:

20. LIL_ostrom

LIL_ostrom New Member

State:
    Jersey- Stationed in Kansas
    I work with the government and we deal with a fuel account for our nations aircraft (about 25million gallons annualy/just my base) and we also deal with an account that does about 2 million gallons of unleaded fuel annually. We get reports on prices directly from the gov and I hate to say it but it doesnt look like prices are about to go under 3$ a gallon for quite some time. I will tell you this the gov does pay less to get the product than we do @ civilian gas pumps but its really not that much less. I guess what Im saying is I dont get worked up over it because Im gonna need it no matter what. DARN! I shouldnt have bought that HEMI !!!